One Hundred And Fourteen

Ten minutes.

I had ten minutes.

Six lives were in my hands and I had ten minutes to choose.

Five fans or Jackie.

"Ashton!" Michael shouted, startling me from my thoughts, "Go!"

"What about you?" I demanded.

"I'm fine!" he answered, "Just.... go!"

Nodding, I forced myself to turn and run for the door leading out to the balcony. Pushing my way outside I wasn't surprised to find the balcony empty since it was currently pouring rain. Crossing over to the side I looked out at the ship which was already halfway under water. My heart hammering in my chest I looked back at it one more time before turning and running over to the fire escape.

Griping the railing tight so as not to lose my footing on the rain slick steps and fall to my death, I silently climbed to the top, heaving myself up onto the roof. Already soaked to the bone, I rose into a crouching position, slowly creeping my way around the heating system, stopping as the other loomed into view.

Luke and Michael were sitting on the ground, tied back to back, with Gemma sat tied up and gagged beside them while Jackie was standing on the edge, tears streaming down her face, shaking life a leaf, staring cross eyed at the gun pressed against her forehead, held there by the creep with the face paint.

"What the hell?" I whispered.

"Great isn't it?"

Screaming, I feel down and whirling around found the guy in the mask standing over me, an extremely sharp, silver dagger clutched in his left hand.

Laughing, the guy reached out, and hauling me to my feet, grabbed tightly onto the back of my neck, before steering me to the center of the roof.

"Ashton!" Jackie sobbed.

Startled, Calum and Luke looked up, silent tears mixing with the rain streaming down their faces.

"What about the fans?" Luke whispered.

Looking down I swallowed.

"You didn't." Jackie whispered, "Ashton you weren't supposed to choose me!"

"I couldn't let them hurt you." I mumbled.

"Awww, boo hoo!" the guy in the mask laughed, tightening his grip, "Did you honestly think you were just going to walk up here like the hero and save everybody?"

"Kind of," I mumbled.

"Kind of," the guy in the mask mimicked.

"Who even are you?" Calum demanded.

"It's Brad." Luke spat.

Laughing, the guy reached for the mask and pulled it off. Immediately my eyes widened in surprise, because it wasn't a guy at all, it was a girl, smirking, the guy with the face paint pulled off his face, and I gasped finding yet another girl.

"Lauren? Camila?" Luke demanded.

"Shut up!" Lauren, who was no longer holding onto me, however still had a tight grip on the dagger.

"Wha....why?" I demanded, "Who even re you?"

"Your worst nightmare." Camila spat.

"But you..... you're..... you're like these little angel girls!" Calum cried.

"Think again!" Lauren laughed.

"Why are you doing this?" I demanded.

"We want to open for No Direction." Camila spat, "Not Demi and that magcon flop and the very, aggravating, peenis suckers."