Seventy-One

Standing in the center of the room, cracking his fingers obnoxiously, Brad looked between Luke and I.

âLuke,â he said after what felt like an eternity.

âYeah?â Luke mumbled.

âIâve heard, as one does, that you have a certain fondness for those disgusting, fat little flightless black and white birds more commonly known asâ€Â¦.”

“Penguins?” Luke interrupted.

“Yes,” Brad chuckled, “So I thought what better way to break a giant cry baby is to make him choose between two things he loves very dearly.”

“What do you mean?” Luke whispered.

Smirking, Brad snapped his hands and Serena entered the room carrying a large covered platter.

“Are you hungry Luke?” Brad questioned.

“I don’t know,” Luke mumbled, “I am kind of hungry, I dropped my smoothie on the floor and I kind of threw up my peanuts and all I had for lunch was a…..”

“I don’t actually give a flying fuck what you ate for lunch.” Brad spat, “Shut up.”

Luke instantly fell silent, watching Serena as she set the tray down on the desk.

“Come here Luke.” Brad said calmly.

Slowly, James released him and Luke shuffled over to Brad.

“Good boy,” Brad chuckled, “I’m glad you didn’t try to run.”

“Shit, why didn’t I think of that.” Luke grumbled.

“I don’t recommend it,” Brad replied, “Because if you put so much as one damn toe out of line I will slit Ashton’s throat and break Calum’s neck before you can even make it to the door.”

Looking sick, Luke nodded.

Smirking, Brad steered him over to the desk, pulling out the large leather chair for him before pushing him roughly down, and handing him a large steak knife and a fork.

“Why are you feeding me?” Luke asked.

“The question you should be asking is not why,” Brad chuckled, “It’s what.”

“Well what are you feeding me then?” Luke questioned.

“You’ll see.” Brad laughed, “But first let me just warn you, if you don’t clean every crumb off this tray I will make you feed one of those girls to Bruce yourself got it?”

Swallowing nervously Luke nodded.

“Good,” Brad chuckled, “Now I’m a nice guy…..”

“Are you kidding?” Lauren laughed, “The only way you could ever be considered nice is if it were code for narcissistic, idiotic, creepy, egghead.”

“Shut it Lacey!” Brad roared.

“It’s Lauren dip shit.” Lauren spat.

Laughing, Brad ripped the knife from Luke’s hands, “Do you want me to burry this up to the hilt in your brother’s forehead?”

“No,” Lauren whispered, looking at me worriedly.

“I didn’t think so,” Brad chuckled, flipping the knife around a few times in his hands before handing it back to Luke, who took it tentatively.