Part Forty-Six

I like to call this little chapter, stripped sweater.

Jk, it's called: Hahaha you thought things were bad before, this is where they all fall to shit.

Take a moment to mentally prepare yourself.

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

"Is he dead?"

"Obviously not Luke, the little machine thingy is beeping!" Michael snapped.

"Sorry." I mumbled, looking back down at Ashton.

The skin under his eyes was all purple, there were tubes and wires sticking out of his arms, and a line of stitches went from somewhere in his curly hair to his temple.

"He looks awful." Calum mumbled.

"No he doesn't!" Harry (Irwin) snapped.

"Harry he wasn't being mean." his Mom sighed, her eyes red, from lack of sleep.

"When is he going to wake up?" Lauren asked.

"What if he doesn't wake up?" Harry demadned, "What if he goes into a coma? What if he dies?"

"He's not going to die Harry!" Mrs. Irwin snapped, looking down at Ashton's hand which was held in her own.

"If I ever see one of your fans again I'm going to scalp that bitch." Laruen muttered.

"Lauren!" Mrs. Irwin cried, "Language!"

"They hurt Ashton!" Lauren argued.

"They're not all like that." I mumbled.

"Really?" Harry snapped, "Because they killed your girlfriend and hurt my brother."

"Harry!" Mrs. Irwin cried, "You apologize right this instant!"

"It's okay Mrs. Irwin." I mumbled, "He's not wrong."

"Guys I hate to do this but we have to leave in ten minutes for your show." Mom sighed.

"No Mom, we can't just leave him!" I cried.

"Luke," she warned.

Biting my tongue I looked back at Ashton. Things just weren't the same with Josh Devine drumming. I'd done four shows and I messed up every time. The beat was different, he didn't make Ash's drumming face, he didn't move like Ashton did or sing like Ashton did.

Feeling a lump forming in my throat, I rubbed at my eyes furiously.

"Don't cry Luke." Destiny whispered, sitting down on my lap and pulling my head into the crook of her neck.

"Luke come on buddy, pull yourself together." Michael sighed, patting me on the shoulder.

"But what if he does.... you know.... end up like Charlie?" I whimpered.

"He won't." Calum sighed.

"You don't know that."

"Yes I.... did he just move?"

Sitting up abruptly, I wiped my eyes hastily and looked down at Ashton, who was lying just as still and lifeless as ever.

"Ash sweetheart, can you hear me?" his Mom asked.