Part Forty-Nine

"Ashton?"

"Hmm?" I asked, taking a sip of the Starbucks Liz had gotten me while I sat up in bed watching some extremely cheesy soap opera, or at least I thought it was a soap opera until the lady took her shirt off and I realized it was a porno.

"Can I ask you a question?" Destiny asked.

Pausing the show which we had been awkwardly making fun of while the other boys did their show, Josh Devine filling in for me until I was allowed out of bed.

"What's up?" I asked.

"You seem like a nice guy." She said slowly.

"I mean, I try." I replied.

"Can I tell you something?" she mumbled.

"Sure, what's on your mind?" I asked.

"IhavingsomethingthatiseatingmealiveandifItellMikeyhewillgoapeshitandIdon'tknowwhoelsetotell."

"Woah, woah, woah, what?" I said, "Slow down."

Taking a deep breath Destiny looked down at her fingers.

"I have something that's eating me alive and if I tell Mikey he'll go ape shit and I don't know who else to tell." She whispered.

"Please don't tell me you're pregnant." I said.

"What? God no! Oh my God no! No! No! Hell no!"

"Sorry!" I laughed, holding my hands up in surrender.

"Can I tell you?" she asked, biting her lip.

"Yeah, sure." I answered, "I'm sure it's not a big a deal as you're making it, you're acting like you killed someone."

Taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes, "I need you to help me hide something."

"okay..." I said slowly, "What do you need to hide?"

Looking up at the ceiling she rung her hands before looking down at the repulsive, stained hotel carpet, "Blood." She whispered.

"Blood?" I shrieked.

"Shhhhhh!" she hissed.

"Why in God's name do you need to hide blood?" I demanded, "What did you do?"

"I... uh.... It's a long story and you'll judge."

"Did you kill someone?"

"No!" Come on, I'm five, two, do you really think I could kill someone?"

"I mean, if you had a gun or a knife or the element of surprise."

"Ashton, this is not an action movie, have you seen my boobs? No, because they're none existent, I'm not exactly sexy assassin material."

"It's the plane girl in horror movies." I replied, "Not that you're plane! You're very pretty in a girl next door kind of..... you know what, I'm going to stop talking now."

Sighing, she buried her face in her hands, "You know what, forget it." She mumbled.

"No, no, I'm sorry." I replied, feeling bad "Tell me what happened."

"It's embarrassing."

"Destiny, embarrassing is waking up with an unexplainable tattoo, come on spit it out."

"Okay." She sighed, "So you know how the first night when I got here, there weren't enough beds so I had to share with Michael?"

"How could I forget." I replied, "You made us build the great wall of pillows separating you two, I still have a kink in my neck from sleeping flat on the mattress."