Part Three

Taking a seat beside Michael, Calum pointed to the seat across from the three of them. Hesitating I looked back over at Harry and Niall, who were watching me like I was a mouse in a snake habitat.

“We’ll sit down,” Michael said after a moment, sounding annoyed.

Startled, I hurriedly pulled out a chair and sat.

Flashing me a smile Michael leaned his elbows onto the table, “Why don’t I know you?”

“I’m new, I just moved here from Africa,” I said nervously.

“What?” he gasped.

“I used to be homeschooled,” I elaborated.

“Wait, what?” he cried.

“My Mom taught me at home….” I said slowly.

“No, no,” he snapped, “I know what home school is I’m not retarded… so you’ve actually never been to a real school before?”

“Uh, no,” I chuckled nervously.

“Shut up,” he laughed, “Shut up!”

“I didn’t say anything,” I mumbled in confusion.

“Homeschooled, that’s really interesting,” he said, sitting back and crossing his arms over his faded Sex pistols tank top.

“Thanks?” I replied.

“But you’re like… not hideous,” he continued.

“Thank you?” I said slowly.

“So you agree?” he said suddenly.

“What?” I asked, thoroughly confused.

“You think you’re hot?” Michael asked, looking at me like I was stupid.

“Oh, um, no, I don’t know?” I muttered.

“Oh my God!” he cried suddenly, his eyes wandering down to a rather elaborate friendship bracelet on my wrist, “You’re bracelet, that’s so punk rock, where did you get it?”

“Oh, uh, my sister made it for me,” I said, blushing with embarrassment.

“It’s totally punk rock,” he said again.

“It’s so fetch,” Calum agreed.

“What the hell is fetch?” Michael snapped rounding on him.

“It’s like slang, from like, Australia,” he replied.

Giving him a look that would have sent most people running and crying, Michael turned back to me and opened his mouth to speak, however before he could, Luke spoke up.

“Wait,” he said looking confused, “So if you’re from Africa, why are you white?”

“Oh my God Luke!” Calum cried, “You can’t just ask people why they’re white!”

“Can you give us some privacy for a second,” Michaels aid suddenly.

“Sure,” I replied.

“Great, thanks,” he said, shooting me a smile before leaning back in his seat and holding his hand up to his mouth to whisper into Calum’s ear, then Luke’s, then Calum’s again.

Glancing over at Harry and Niall’s table I found them all watching me in wonder.

“What are you doing?” Niall hissed.

I shrugged, just as Michael, Calum and Luke finished their little conversation.

“Okay,” Michael sighed, “You should know that we don’t do this a lot, so this is like a freaking huge ass deal.”

I nodded eagerly.

“We want to invite you to have lunch with us, everyday for the rest of the week.” Calum said as if he had just told me I won the lottery.

“Oh… uh…. It’s oaky…” I stammered.

“Super,” Michael interrupted, “So we’ll see you tomorrow?”

“Yeah, okay?” I nodded, rising to my feet to go back to Harry and Niall, uh thanks,”

“See you tomorrow,” Calum said cheerfully.

“On Wednesdays we wear plaid.” Luke added.

“Oh, okay, thanks, good to know,” I mumbled, before returning back to my original table.

“So?” Niall demanded as I sat down.

“What did they say?” Harry pressed.

“They asked me to have lunch with them this week,” I replied.

“And did you spit in their face?” Niall asked.

“No,” I replied, “I said yes.”

“What the hell is wrong with you?” Louis cried, “Why would you do that?”

“Yeah man are you suicidal?” Harry asked.

“No, Michael and them… they seem pretty cool,” I shrugged.

“Oh sweet baby Jesus,” Niall moaned, while Zayn choked on his water.

“What?” I asked.

“Michael and his cronies are not cool, they’re dicks,” Niall spat, “Despicable little piss worms that peaked in pre-kay.”

“Maybe you just haven’t gotten to know them,” I offered.

“I haven’t gotten to know Hitler either, or the guy that shot Lincoln but I’m pretty sure they weren’t great guys,” said Harry.

Sighing I took a tentative sip of my water.

“You know what,” Niall said suddenly, “Maybe you’re not as stupid as you look.”

“Gee thanks,” I mumbled.

“No, hear me out,” he chuckled, “What if you got in with the plastics, then give us the dirt on them, get the inside scoop on those idiots.”

“So like a spy?” I asked slowly.

“Yeah, exactly like spy except without hot girls, or fancy gadgets.”

I glanced over at the plastic’s table.

“Are you in?” Harry pressed.

“Yeah,” I said slowly, “Yeah I’m in.”

“Awesome!” Niall laughed, “This is going to blow up in their face.”

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Revenge,” he replied, “It’s about time Karma bit those assholes where the sun don’t shine.”

Nodding slowly, just happy to be accepted into this group so openly, I agreed. Then flashing me a smug smile, Niall turned conversation to some soccer team which lasted the rest of lunch, however all I could think about were the plastics and what Niall had in mind and why.