Part Eighty-Eight

“Mmmmm, Woooo! Mmmmmmm, oh daddy! uhhhh, oooohhhh, ahhhh ohhh, Pass that Dutch, pass that Dutch, pass that Dutch, pass that Dutch, pass that Dutch, pass that Dutch, pass that Dutch, pass that Dutch!”

“Luke shut up!”

“Come on pass the Dutch baby, shake shake, shake your stuff m….”

“Luke!” Charlie laughed, pulling his ear buds out of his ears.

“Yes?” he asked, pausing the song playing on his phone.

“What are you doing?” Jess laughed.

“I love this song,” he replied.

“Sounds punk rock.” I teased.

“Don’t even Ashton!” Calum laughed, “When we went to that Rihanna concert last month you wouldn’t shut up about Pon De Replay!”

“That’s the only song I know.” I said defensively.

“You are such a freak Africa.” Michael sniffed from where he lay curled up in his bunk on the bus, wrapped up in a comforter, a beanie pulled down over his ears even though it was like ninety degrees outside.

“Is there any particular reason you’re sitting over there bundled up like a Russian grandmother in a snow storm?” Jess laughed.

“I’m cold,” Michael grumbled playfully, poking his tongue out at her.

“Michael it’s like hotter than Satan’s kitchen outside!” Density laughed.

“Shut up,” he muttered, wiping his nose on his blanket.

“Ew,” Destiny cried, use a tissue.

“I don’t have one,” he whined.

“Get up and get one you baby.” Jess said from where she sat on the floor try scrape a wad of gum off the bottom of her vans with a plastic spork.

Michael sighed dramatically, before rising to his feet, wrapping his blanket tightly around himself, making him look like he was wearing some sort of hooded cloak, however instead of going to the bathroom he just stood there, blinking stupidly.

“Uh, Mikey.” Luke said slowly, “That bathroom is that way.”

“I know!” he snapped, “I’ll go there as soon as everything stops spinning.”

“Michael are you okay?” I asked, rising to my feet.

“I don’t know,” he replied calmly, “I seem to be losing vision.”

Crossing over to him I got there just in time for him to fall forward into my arms.

“Woa!” I shouted.

“Michael!” Destiny cried.

“What happened?” Jess demanded, running over and helping me lower him to the ground.

“I don’t know, he just…. passed out!” I cried, as Jess positioned his head in his lap.

Whimpering, Michael’s eyes fluttered then slowly opened.

“Michael!” Jess cried, “Are you okay, can you hear me?”

Looking around with wide eyes like someone on an acid trip, he blinked before reaching up and twirling a strand of her hair around his finger.

“Hi Ellie,” he mumbled, “I like your hair this color.”

“Oh my God,” Destiny muttered, before dropping down to her knees next to me while the others crowded behind.