Part Sixteen

The rest of the day there was no sign of Michael, as well as the following day, that is until he called me.

I was sitting in the living room writing my report on Julius Caeser while Lauren attempted to cook for dinner as a surprise for Mom when she got home from work, leaving Harry to entertain himself by trying to wall twerk to some song about lollypops , although by the sound of song they weren’t talking about candy.

I had just finished writing the third paragraph of the five paragraph essay when I was startled by my phone vibrating in my pocket. Wondering who was calling me I pulled it out and reading the caller I.D. was surprised to find Michael’s name flashing across the screen.

Licking my lips nervously I answered and pressed the small square of technology to my ear.

“Ashton?” Michael demanded before I could even speak.  

“Yes?” I answered.

“I need your help.” He muttered.

Frowning slightly I rose to my feet and moved away from Harry and his wildly inappropriate dance moves which I intended to confront him about later.

“Are you listening?” Michael demanded.

“Uh, yeah,” I answered.

“I need you to come get me,” he mumbled.

“What, why?” I asked.

“I need to go to the hospital,”

“Why, are you okay?”

“No,”

“What happened?”

There was silence on the other end for several seconds before Michael let out a long sigh, “You have to promise not to tell anyone okay?”

“Okay,” I said slowly.

“I mean it!” Michael cried.

“Not even Luke and Calum?” I questioned.

“Especially not those ungrateful little shits!” he yelled, “After the stunt they pulled at lunch yesterday they’ll be lucky if I ever talk to them again!”

“That was pretty shitty,” I mumbled.

“Yeah,” he spat, “It was, but those buttmunchers are the least of my problems!”

“Why, what’s up?” I questioned.

Michael took a deep breath, “You promise not to flap your gums?”

“Yeah,” I answered, “I promise.”

“You know that soap you gave me,” Michael mumbled.

“Uh, yeah?” I replied.

“I think I’m allergic to it,” Michael groaned, “It’s bad.”

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“My skin is peeling off like I’m some sort of human snake, it’s disgusting!”

“That sounds really gross,” I admitted.

“Yeah, and it’s freaking embarrassing,” he grumbled, “Which is why there’s no way in hell I can tell my Dad, he’s an idiot, Calum and Luke are dead to me, and I’m not having a girl see this so that’s why I’m asking you.”

“Oh,” I said, scratching the back of my neck, “I’d love to help you Michael I really would but I’m babysitting my brother and sister.”

“Who are you calling a baby?” Harry shouted from the next room.

“Harry shush!” I hissed.

“You’re hanging out with Harry?” Michael spat.

“No,” I sighed, “It’s my brother.”

“We’ll bring him with you my skin is burning!” Michael shouted.

“Are you sure?” I questioned, “I’d have to bring my sister too.”

“Is she hot?”

“She’s thirteen.”

“That’s not what I asked.”

“I’ll be over in ten Michael.”

Hanging up the phone I slipped my phone back into my pocket before walking back into the kitchen where Lauren and Harry were standing with their arms crossed over their chests, as they had heard every word, after eavesdropping shamelessly.

“What’s in it for us?” Lauren questioned.

“I’ll take you for ice-cream,” I bribed.

“We’ll be in the car,” Harry said simply starting for the door pulling Lauren by the hand behind him.

-

“We trying to take it slow, but we’re still losing control, and we’re trying to make it work but it still isn’t the worst…..”

“How do you know that song?” Lauren interrupted from the backseat.

“Grandma sings it,” I replied with a shrug.

“Woah what is that?” Harry shrieked.

“What?” I cried, nearly crashing the car.

“That huge house!” he breathed with his nose pressed up against the window.

“Michael’s house,” I sighed pulling into the driveway.

“Who’s Michael?” Lauren asked.

“My fri…. a guy,” I answered.

“Is he hot?” she questioned.

“I don’t think so,” I replied, “And you better not either.”

Shrugging she sat back in her seat as I pulled to a stop in front of the enormous house where Michael was standing and waiting for me with his hands held out in front of him and his legs spread out beneath him in a sort of squat.

“What is he doing?” Harry asked.

“No idea,” I sighed opening my door, “You two wait here okay?”

“Fine but you’ll owe us,” Harry said.

Rolling out of my eyes I climbed out of the car, closing the door behind me before crossing over to where Michael was standing, well, squatting.

“Uh, hi,” I greeted.

“About time your lazy ass rolled up!” Michael spat, “You took long enough!”

“Sorry.” I sighed, “But uh… what’s with the squatting you look like you’re going in your pants.”

Frowning Michael straightened up slightly, “It’s the stupid soap!” he spat, “You know how the other day I told you I was a little…. You know…needy?”

“You didn’t!” I breathed.

Frowning Michael reached down and scratched his crotch, “I was in the shower and the billboards were on and well… Ariana slayed….I’m only human man.”

“Please don’t tell me what I think you’re saying,” I cried, trying hard not to laugh.

“It’s not funny!” he whispered, “The soap… it… it like…..It burns…I think……I think my dick’s going to fall off.”

"I guess what they say about Karma's true then," I chuckled.

"What are you talking about?" Michael demanded, "What do they say?"

Placing a hand on his shoulder I began steering him towards the car before answering, "Karma's a bitch,"