Part Twelve

"Do you want to explain to me what you're doing here?" my Mom demanded.

"This ought to be good," Michael laughed, "Hey Ash, you didn't tell me your Mom was a milf."

My jaw clenching I balled my hands into fists.

"What's a milf?" Luke asked.

Michael laughed, "It's a mother I'd fu....."

"Shut up!" I shouted, having had enough.

I watched as Michael's eyes widened in alarm, before he rose to his feet and lunged across the table towards me, wrapping his hands around my throat and knocking us to the ground.

"What are you doing?" Erin shreiked.

"Get off me!" I roared, kicking Michael off of me and sitting ontop of him.

"Let me go you inbred po dunk son of a sow!" he screamed.

Livid, I raised my fist in the air, and then with a sickening crack brought it down on Michael's face.

"Ow!" Michael shrieked, "You broke my face you ass hole! You broke my face!"

"Ashton!" Calum yelled horrified.

"What is wrong with you?" Luke gasped.

"You're an animal.... I hate you," Erin breathed.

"Ashton!" my Mom cried.

I looked down at Michael.

"Ashton!"

"Ashton Fletcher Irwin, I swear to God on the river Nile I will come over there and grab you by your ear like you are eight years old!"

Startled I turned my glazed eyes to look at my Mom who was still stood in the same spot by the door, a furious expression on her face, and a rather akward looking man standing sheepishly behind her.

Behind me Michael snickered as he wrapped his arm around Erin. Wishing that the fantasy that just played out in my mind was a legitate option seeing as I would love nothing more then to deck Michael in the face, I turned slowly back to my Mom.

"I'm waiting," she huffed, "I thought you were sick."

"I was."

"And you miraculously healed enough to put on a show, in a matter of hours?"

"Praise the lord it's a miracle!" I cried.

"You're not funny," she replied dangerously, the Mom voice ringing in every syllable.

"I wasn't trying to be," I admitted sheepishly.

"Harry and Lauren are home alone!" she shouted.

"She's thirteen."

"Ashton when you were fifteen you made me come home from work to kill a spider for you, don't even play with me."

Behind me Michael snickered again.

"Let's go young man," my Mom demanded, "I am extremely disapointed in you."

Hanging my head I crawled over Luke exiting the booth.

"See you at school tomorrow Ash," Michael called out to my back.

"Yeah," I grumbled, "See you,"

My cheeks burning red with embarrassment I then followed my Mom out of the restaurant to her car where I climbed into the backseat because her boy toy called shot gun.

The ride to his place was eerily quiet until we pulled to a stop out front and they kissed each other goodbye, leading me to believe that it was not a first date as I had originally assumed but some sort of prolonged fling.