Part-2-Chapter-3

Nandini quietly walked back in and picked up sleeping Anya, her eyes went to Radhika once. 'Forgive me but they need him as they need you.' With small baby in her arms she stepped out of Radhika's room to let Arjun have a glimpse of his daughter. He quickly came to his feet, his eyes focused on his little miracle who slept peacefully in Nandini's arms

''Meet Anya!'' She smiled watching the baby. Arjun's eyes lit up hearing the name, Radhika giving his choice of name to the baby gave him a hope. He slowly gathered her in his arms, watching her for long. He slowly pulled her up to his chest letting out a breath, ''I just got a new life.''

Nandini rubbed his back, ''Just don't wake her up!'' He nodded, watching his daughter unblinking. She was all Radhika, by her facial features Nandini too kept her eyes on Arjun, waiting for him to ask about the other one. As expected, he did when he found her still at her place, ''I want to meet my other daughter too.''

''She isn't your daughter!''

Arjun stared at his sister in shock mixed with anger, there was no away that the baby wasn't his If Radhika was the mother, he ought to be the father. ''Why would you say that? Did Radhika ask you to tell that crap to me? Is she planning to divide the babies?''

''No! Arjun, Radhika didn't give birth to Anusha. She adopted her right after she was born.'' Arjun frowned, the puzzle of words was was annoying him to the core, ''Please, be more specific.''

Nandini sat next to Arjun and narrated everything starting from Radhika's friendship till Neelam's death and Anusha's adoption. Arjun allowed the information to sink in, ''Can I see her?''

''Radhika wouldn't want you to be associated with Anusha.''

''Can I see Anusha?'' Arjun repeated. Nandini huffed, she walked back into the room and carefully lifted the little girl up, minding her injured leg. Walking out she stood near Arjun, holding Anusha in her arms, ''I want to hold her''

''No, not now. She has a broken leg and that would wake her up.'' Arjun stared at Nandini as if she punched his gut. ''Care to explain.'' and she did. He gently handed Anya back and held Anusha in his arms, holding her carefully. She squirmed and let out a small cry, he immediately pulled her to his chest, ''I know it pains sweet heart but I promise to set it right.''

Nandini stared at Arjun dumb found, they were the same words as Radhika's few hours before. She watched, as he rocked her small body against his chest. For strange reason Anusha was comfortable, this was the first time she was meeting him, yet his arms made the baby comfortable.

''I feel bad for the man who let go such an amazing gift. Poor baby'' Nandini said caressing her baby head

''No! DOn't say that.'' Turing to the baby he smiled, ''Listen to me baby, you are lucky, special and you will be loved.'' Nandini felt her heart would burst. She understood Radhika felt Arjun's pain of being abandoned and didn't wanted Anusha to bear that but what she witnessed was the deep connection Arjun held with Radhika.

''I should put her back.'' She extended her arms. Arjun gently wrapped her in way making it easy for Nandini to hold even with that hurt leg, ''You are good with babies.''

"years of practice.'' he reminded her his association with numerous orphanages, it was just these places where Arjun was regarded as an angel.

He stood outside the room and watched Nandini placing the baby back in crib. His eyes went to Radhika, he smiled. Finally, he found her.

***

Sam inspected the stuff Nandini had asked us to get next morning. Though, she wanted to be there for the night but Nandini send her back to the apartment to get necessary stuff of the babies. She smiled looking at tiny soft dresses, she was sure the girls would look like little faries.