Chapter-42

Prerna was glad that Neil had decided to move on. The news of Neil's resignation form BS came as breather for her. She started pushing him towards Soniya, Neil did all what Soniya wanted. He believed it to be his duty, after all it was his decision to move on with Soniya . She never came to him, it was him who went to her because he believed it was the only way to forget Sam and now he was repenting it. Forgetting was far, she had started moving deeper into his heart. He loved her with every fiber.  

''Neil, I just saw the recording of your previous show. My god you can be a international star.'' Soniya exclaimed 

Neil just smiled in return whispering a polite thanks. She clasped her hands together expectantly, ''When do I get a personalised show''

''Any day. After all you are his fiance'' Prerna added

Neil smiled, ''I have given up music. Forever.'' With that he took the stairs to his room. throwing his laptop and wallet on the bed he crashed on the couch, staring at the oblivion. Everything seemed empty, lonely and colourless.

***

A loud thunder broke his thoughts, he walked into the balcony to watch the shower that bought down the soaring temperature. The sound of droplets chimed a music which took him back to memories, Sam loved rains. She would always enjoy the first shower , welcoming it with open arms. He closed his eyes to recall her face , a smile stretched on to his lips as he stepped out in the rain. he opened his arms and closed his turning his face up to the shower , the droplets reminded him of her eyes, her smile, her enthusiasm and her madness. The smile grew wider but acquired tears as partners, his tears sang a medley with the drops hiding his pain from rest of the world. this moment was his and his Sam's.

Sam stood on the terrace, letting the rain drench her. Like Neil she too hid her tears behind the shower. The droplets which felt like dew in the past now seemed lashing her skin like a whip. She cursed herself, all her life she had her love right beside her and she turned blind to it. This was the punishment for ignoring something so precious. She took a deep breath, walking to the edge of the terrace balcony. each day felt like walking on the edge, she felt her heart would gave up any day. Sounds of laughter made her eyes to look down, she smiled. Love somehow finds its way. Shruti and Jai enjoyed the first shower lost in each other. Her lips stretched,  she was happy that after so much of pain his life took a beautiful turn. 

She couldn't watch them for long and turned away, pulling her self in a corner Sam hid her face in her knees crying her heart out. She missed him and knew that it would be impossible to forget him.

***

''God ! the city will drown if it continues to pour this way.'' Arjun said entering the hall. Nandini watched him from the corner of her eyes, ''Such an over dramatic soul you are. Its the weather to enjoy tea and snacks. I am loving it

Arjun frowned, ''You are not supposed to eat all that'' he pointed it out to the table full of oily snacks

''Am I supposed to breathe.'' She replied all emotional. He stared at his sister for good 10 mins and then gestured the help to take the snacks away, ''try this on someone else.'' Nandini pouted, he smiled and placed a peck on the top of her head. He made his way to his room, his feet halted hearing faint singing from his room. He smiled, it was after days she decided to sing. Last he had heard her in Hrishikesh, and watched her dancing in rain. When he stepped in, he found her in the balcony, her arms open wide as she twirled around enjoying the shower. Her lips murmuring her creation, ''Manmarziyon pea b hum chale...'' She sang how she was adamant about her dream and wouldn't back out till she achieves it.