Part2- Chapter-9

Anya

Anusha

Anusha

Radhika knocked the door of study where Nandini had asked to come

Radhika knocked the door of study where Nandini had asked to come. She frowned finding Arjun too seated in the same room. She hoped that Nandini didn't call her for reconciliation as she wasn't ready for it at any cost.

Nandini smiled at coincidence as Radhika walked in with Anusha in her arms. She was rocking her to sleep but the baby clearly wasn't in mood to. Since the healing had started and Anusha was gradually becoming used to the cast, she wasn't that quiet now, ''Di, you called me.''

''Sit Radhika.'' She obliged Nandini pulled a folder out, ''I had done a little research on Neelam. Before you ask why, because I wanted to make sure that no one comes and claim her back from us.''

''but Di, all records states she is mine. Then why?'' Radhika asked confused

''Was just curious. Coming to the point, Neelam had a biological brother. They both were being left at a Delhi orphanage by someone. He was 5 while she was 2 at that time. Since, it was home for just girls, the boy was being transferred to another orphanage and kept  getting transferred due to his anger. Neelam got adopted the following year and her brother at the age of 8 or 9.''

''Where is he now?'' Arjun asked worried that he might have to lose his daughter.

''I am looking at him now.'' nandini's words confused the couple. She added,' Neelam was your biological sister who died alone and neglected. Anusha is indeed your blood. She is your niece.'' Nandini pulled out a picture of brother sister together and then Arjun's various pictures over the years.

Arjun stared at the pictures with confused feelings, he felt broken and pained knowing that someone who was his own died alone and he never got a chance to grieve on her.  A tear trickled down his eyes and landed on the picture which Radhika had clicked few months back, Neelam was smiling in it. He caressed it. Arjun felt like an emotionless jerk, he wanted to cry more at the fact that he never got to know her and care for her . Now, when he knew of her existence , she was gone. 

Radhika sat stunned, the scattered pictures on the table said the truth.Her eyes went to Arjun who frantically went through the details. She gulped, his pain was unthinkable. He had lost so much and now again lost something he never knew he had.