Chapter 20

''How can she think that way Mom, can't two people be just friends. Plus Radhika is engaged'' Neil shared his frustration with his mother. Prerna smiled thinking that Neil was so unaware about his thoughts. He didn't knew, since he had come back . He had just been talking about Radhika and her song. That she liked what he wrote and how their team defeated Arjun's . She took a deep breath. It was too early to conclude if Radhika was an escape or she had actually wiped the pain give by Sam from his heart. She rubbed his back; ''Its okay, it happens. Now go to sleep as I am tired too'' Neil hugged her and left for his room

***

Mumbai weather had turned beautiful with light drizzle, some enjoyed watching the drizzle with a hot cup of tea while many enjoyed dancing in it. Arjun smiled looking at the children playing in the rain  down his balcony. Their smiles reminded him of the innocent smile he lost his heart to. The way she would blink at him in surprise , then she would frown and scrunch her nose cutely. He grinned wider thinking of her melodious voice. She was just perfect. Anything , anyone she touched turned colourful. She was herself a beautiful song , which his heart sang every moment. He  felt stuck between his love for Radhika and revenge from Sam, for a moment he wanted to throw everything aside and confess his heart. 

Moving to the cupboard , He pulled a folder dropping a box on the floor. His eyes still on the memories that lay scared on the marble floor. His eyes watered and heart turned heavy, Arjun sat on the floor picking up the memories which were precious than any wealth. He picked the first pen his dad gave him on his first day to school. The chain his mother made for him when he topped the boards in his 10th. There were so many things which kept him close to his deceased parents. He collected everything hugging it to his chest, curling on the floor he sobbed. Pulling his knees to chest he cried like a lost boy. Someone had left him on the road wrapped in a rag. Till he was five , he had to bear the hardships and torture in the orphanage. His adoptive parents found him selling incense sticks , then something triggered in them and they bought him home. They were his world, he found everything in them. He felt his prayers were answered through this family who filled in all the gaps. But, it was taken from him and brutally. It wasn't by God , but by a human. Every single cell of his body screamed revenge.

Nandini walked inside the apartment and got to know that Arjun was in his room. She made her way to his room, but was left shocked to find him curled up on the floor. She could hear him sobbing, she knew the reason. Walking slowly to him , she lifted his head on her lap; ''Calm down, I am here. Mom-Dad would be in pain looking at you''

''I didn't deserve this, they didn't deserve this. This is wrong'' he sobbed hugging her tight. Nandini held him till he calmed, she walked him to the bed and made him lie down. She slowly removed the things he held to chest and kept them aside. Covering him with a duvet, she decided to leave his room. Her feet touched something on the floor, it was his phone . She picked it up , unblocking the it. A beautiful picture if smiling Radhika flashed at her, she checked Arjun once and then moved to the gallery . That was full of her pictures, some beautiful some cute and other like caught off guard. She thought for a moment, he was enamoured by her. He might just give up everything to have her in his life. May be Radhika was the  key to his happiness, she took steps to exit Arjun's room. For the first time her brain was running in a different direction, she was aware that Radhika was engaged to be married. But she wasn't yet. Her brother deserved everything and above all Radhika was ger choice too.She smiled, she had to do this carefully and slowly. They were meant to be together and Nandini had made up her mind to bring them together, even if it was in a twisted way.

***

Radhika's night went in thinking about Bonnie and Arjun. There was something fishy about the two . Why out of all it was Bonnie who recorded Radhika with Chirag, it was Arjun who was contiguously telling everybody in office that she being a middle class would have sold the presentation for few bucks. She knew it was him, he was trying to bribe her. Break her from her friends . But when she refused he went behind her back. Leaving the bed slowly Radhika walked into the balcony, he did have a reason. He had lied to her about being Ashsih . She could have spilled that infront of Sam. But, was that the only reason? Her mind replayed all incidents sivce she met him first and then in Mumbai. She recalled his behaviour, he would hurt taunt Neil and others . But he was extremely sweet to Sam. When ever she would be hurt or gloomy he would push her to leave everything behind. He never suggested or help her to sought things out.She took a deep breath; ''This is related to Sam or BS or someone in her family. But how???''  She decided to find the link between Bonnie and Arjun.