Part 2 Chapter 25

''I am going to Radhika's house right away. You come in the evening.'' Sam instructed Neil as he walked back into his house. The view opposite to his eyes made him smile. His nieces squealed playing among themselves as Prerna and Nandini chatted.

Neil dumped his bag in the corner, squatting down he came to their level, ''Hello to you two.''

Prerna smiled watching her son playing with two dolls. ''How come they are here early morning.'' He asked Nandini , a little surprised

''Their parents are at each others throat, I decided to leave them with Prerna and then handle those two. '' Nandini replied. Turning to Prerna she handed her a bag, ''Its their stuff and food. I will pick them in the evening.''

Prerna smiled, ''No worries. I am glad I have them all to myself.'' Nandini took her leave after giving the two babies a loving glance. She knew that girls were very friendly and wouldn't bother anyone.

Prerna watched as Neil got lost in two girls, ''They bring luck.'' Prerna said

''How so?'' Prerna's words surprised him

''If not for them, Radhika wouldn't have come back to Arjun . I wouldn't have met my family after years and you wouldn't be smiling in my presence.'' Neil froze. He picked the girls  up and sat next to his mother, placing Anya on her lap ''I am sorry.'' The three words were enough to break all the walls between them

''I am sorry too. I made your life hell.'' Prerna apologised. Neil smiled , he kept his head on her shoulder which Anya didn't like. She had already claimed Prerna's lap and screamed on Neil for trying to claim her granny. They laughed, ''Fine, I am off. What about you, do you love your mamu.''

Anusha blinked at Neil and then giggled throwing her arms on him. He felt overwhelmed, ''I don't want them to grow up.''

''They are almost 8 months. Few more to go for one. '' Prerna added pecking Anya. After a moment of silence she asked, ''Will Sam forgive me?''

''she was never angry. On the contrary, she wanted to know if you would be able to forgive her.'' Prerna smiled, ''I will reach out to her. I got too possessive about you. '' Anya made her presence known, her fist in her mouth, ''She is just like Radhika, ever ready to fight.'' Neil pinched her nose which earned him a beautiful giggle. Prerna decided to make  something for the girls as Neil had described Radhika's pathetic choice of baby food adding lot of spices to Arjun's story.

***

''Arjun, for once understand Radhika's point of view. All she wanted was to end Nandini di's loneliness. '' Sam reasoned

''Nandu is not alone. She has me, us.''

Sam huffed, ''You had Nandini di when Radhika left you. Weren't you lonely?'' Sam's words had hit the mark. Arjun didn't respond but the angry lines over his face didn't change.  Sam huffed, ''Think of it Arjun, like all of us Nandini di might also have had some dreams which were shattered by fate and my dad. When life is giving her a second chance, why the hell you are acting as a bone.''

He still didn't answer. Sam decided to give him some time to let her words sink in. Sam decided to meet Radhika before leaving. Her dear Chashni had doubled in size due to anger.

Sam smiled and hugged Radhika from behind, ''Give him time.''

''That's what I have been giving him from the beginning, time. What hurt me was that he thinks I am trying to get rid of Di. Please explain him that if given a chance, I would marry di and not him.'' Radhika's words made Sam laugh.

''Where are my darlings?''

''With Prerna aunty.'' Sam pulled Radhika's cheeks to make her smile. ''Call me if you need anything.''