Part 2 Chapter-2

Nandini watched Radhika's sleeping form. It had been over two months and now Radhika could ring the bell any day. Sam too visited over the weekends and was again coming a day after. Nandini huffed, though she made the arrangement for best doctors and facilities, she still wished if Arjun was present.

She was still mad at him but all this between him and Radhika wasn't the fault of that kid waiting to open the eyes in the new world. She had been thinking for 2 months but couldn't bring it up to Radhika. Nandini didn't wanted her stressed, on the other hand she was determined to get them back together, if not for them then for the coming baby.

A moan from Radhika broke all the thoughts and bought her on toes, ''What's wrong?''

''It pains...'' The rest of the words died as Radhika clutched her hand. Nandini understood, she dialled the ambulance and then Sam.

***

''I will be there ASAP.'' Sam disconnected the call, pulled out her back pack and started stuffing it with random clothes. She quickly checked her phone for available flights and realised there was one at dawn. Sam booked her seat and then a cab. She scribbled a note for her parents before running out. She had no time or will to explain anything to her family, the questions had been increasing day by day. Her parents were growing suspicious about her weekly disappearances but Sam brushed all aside giving silly reasons. She had now decided never to succumb under pressure like she did all the time.

She recalled how for years she faced her mother's anger or Jai, how she did all to be the best yet was awarded by hatred. She still remembered how Neil pressurized her to chose between him and Arjun, she chose him and friendship, but he then let her go on name of sacrifice later blaming her for the pain in his heart. Sam never blamed him completely, she always felt guilty but she could never forget about his secret engagement. She agreed she never deserved a second chance, but as a childhood buddy she deserved to know about his engagement. Then Arjun, she could never forget the way he kept manipulating her emotions and weaknesses. Sam shook her head, all this was past what now mattered was just Radhika. She smiled as she recalled her friend, the only one who had put no conditions in their relationship. It was transparent like a glass, there were no filters. They just themselves around each other. Above all, Radhika taught Sam to fight her demons, to smile, to find hope in the darkest hour. There was no way on earth which could stop her from being with her friend when she needed her the most. Sam ran to the boarding gate to be first one as if hers would be the first drop, she was anxious, happy and nervous.

***

''Di , how is Chasni?'' Sam asked as soon as she met Nandini

''Still in the room, I hope there is no trouble.'' Nandini replied , her eyes on the closed doors. Sam rubbed her arms to sooth the nervousness, she got up to get tea for both when her eyes fell on Neelam, withering in pain. ''Where is the doctor? Why aren't you treating her?''

''There is no one to sign the consent on her behalf''

''So you guys will leave her to die?'' Sam was beyond mad. Signing the consent form, she initiated the process for Neelam. When she went back to Nandini, she got to know that Radhika was having a difficult labor, ''All because of Arjun''

''And how?'' Nandini asked surprised

''His kid, had to create some drama or issue.'' Sam replied looking miffed. Nandini wanted to laugh but decided against it. After about half an hour the doctor stepped out with a wide grin, ''Congrats! It's a baby girl.'' Nandini Sam squealed hugging each other, ''I knew it, can we see Radhika.'' Nandini asked

''In next 10 mins.'' The duo thanked the doctor before doing a little dance. They hurriedly moved to the room to meet Radhika who waited for them anxiously.