Chapter 32

Radhika walked away from the partying crowd. He songs affected people, yet she never expected to be affected like this. She walked till she was near the hotel beach. The cool breeze touched her giving her slight goose bumps. She rubbed her arms to calm the nervous self, Arjun's voice still resonated her ear drums. She shut her eras with her palms to kill it, it came back again. She felt disturbed

She stood there , covering her face with her palms blocking all thoughts to calm her inner self. After a minute, all she could hear was roaring waves. She took a deep breath, relaxed about getting the control back. Just then a pair of arms went around her waist , making her stiffen. She felt fingers moving her to a side and then lips on the bare shoulder. She wanted to break off but couldn't, he seemed to have cast a spell on her. The arms moved to her shoulder turning her around, she just couldn't lift her eyes to meet his. He cupped her face, lifting them up. She blinked, the eyes which always stood cold now had a strange warmth and softness in them . He leaned closer and her heart started drumming. Scared, she shut her eyes tightly and felt a soft touch on the corner of her mouth...

''Had it been so easy to cut it off, I would have thrown Sam out of my thoughts by visiting all beaches across Mumbai.'' Radhika jumped hearing Neil's voice, she looked around. There was no  proof of Arjun being present there. Was she dreaming? She closed her eyes once and swallowed the dryness. Before opening then , turning to Neil, ''What are you doing here?''

He sat on the sand and patted, she sat next to him, ''A friend of mine looked lost, I had to be with her.''

''You should be with Sam.'' She insisted

He chuckled, ''Radhika, I cannot force her to be with me and how can I be with her when she want to be with him. She is going all gaga over him after the song dedication.'' He became silent , she heard the pain in his voice.

''That wasn't dedicated to her.'' Radhika mumbled softly

''I know, and you took a flight all scared. I have been noticing his interest for quite sometime. How can he just woo two girls at the same time.''

''He thinks , he can woo me easily'' She scrunched her nose

''Hasn't he? I saw the effect on you.'' Neil replied with a teasing smirk.

She gave him a mock glare, ''I am not easy Neil, and I won't ditch Saral. He has loved me unconditionally for years. I would always chose Saral over him.''

''Even when you have feelings for him?'' He asked

''I don't" She retorted angrily. ''It was just a moment Neil, I use my head more than heart.'' She pulled her cheeks, ''Fine, calm down. Let's go back.''

''No, I want to be here, alone.'' She replied watching the waves shining in moon light.

''May be you are right, no one is waiting there for us.'' She frowned, ''Just say once and I will bring her on her knees infornt of you.''

He laughed and patted her cheek, ''If she can enjoy with someone, I too can with my mad Chashni.'' She nodded. They bonded over music, lyrics and food. There trans was broken when a drunk Kritika landed on Radhika's lap. She wrapped her arms around Radhika's neck and pecked her cheek, ''Chashni, you are so sweet to taste.''

Radhika made a face as Neil laughed, his laughter died as two other drunken figures went about challenging the imaginary pirate ships in the sea. ''Now, we have to baby sit them.'' Neil shook his head.

''Or let's just get drunk and join them.'' Radhika suggested. Neil blinked, she just knew how to make things simpler. ''What if we lose control and drown with them.''