Chapter-48

''So finally you are in senses.'' Neil rubbed is tired eyes, the voice of his mother seemed distant. he felt disoriented. His mind couldn't register the surroundings nor the events that led him here.

''Thanks for making me famous overnight Neil.'' Prerna was beyond mad. She had been receiving calls since morning asking about Neil's well being. She had been going crazy answering everyone. The elite pub had many who knew Neil as the son of Billionaire Prerna Melhotra and the little drunk stunt made many curious and concerns started pouring in to get some juicy bites about the disoriented family.

''Mom, can you give me a minute. My head hurts.''

''Have a drink more and you will be fine. With a taunt she walked off. Neil pulled his tired paining body of the bed. Moving to the bathroom, he freshened up with grate difficulty. Every fibre and muscle of his body seemed to protest. Leaning on the mirror wall with an arm he wiped it with other hand. 

Who was the man staring back at him from the mirror? It was impossible for him to recognize the in the mirror. How has he reached to this point, the words from Sam's letter came back to him. Her empty cupboards, those left over gifts , no memories . She just didn't leave him, she left all of him. There past , the present and their future , who should be blamed for it, it was him. he went ahead and married her. She adviced him a number of time to first convince his mother, but he didn't. He was so sure about his mother's love that he didn't find it necessary to pay heed to Sam's suggestion and now he was paying. The reflection mocked him with a smirk. Walking backwards he stepped out of the room , ready to face his mother's interrogation

''Get something sweet to eat.'' Neil instructed the cook making the man worried and leaving his mother confused. 

''What's tat for?'' She asked

''To celebrate, you finally have what you wanted. Sam has filed for divorce.'' He smiled thanking the cook and pushed the plate to his mother.

Prerna stared at the plate and then then her son, ''Don't blame me if you are incapable  of handling your marriage.''

''Yes, you are right. I was incapable of handling anything. I am the one who failed all, first you by marrying my love and then her by dumping my frustration on her. But just answer this mom,  couldn't you be the one with bigger heart.'' His eyes started pooling with tears, wiping them he got up, ''for tow years I fought, begged  and prayed to have my mother back and now you just lost your son.'' He halted Prerna's flow of words, ''Don't you worry, I will always be around when you need me, but a part of me died mom. It died with my marriage. And she did this so that you can be happy, now I cannot even talk to her directly, if I want to, it has be through her lawyer, but I promise that won't happen between us. And mom, start searching for girls, I don't want you upset now.'' Wiping his wet face he quickly ran out of the house. He was definitely not coming back.

Moving to his car he dialled Sam, the IVR stated number being out f reach. With hesitation he called Jai, who wasn't rude but asked Neil to leave them at peace.

*** 

''Okay finish your homework or your mom won't allow you to play in the evening'' Sam tried to convincing the little energy ball, who had tied her mother's red stole into her neck like a cape and was running all over the house, pretending to be the super man. Sam smiled, Anya was like a butterfly a beautiful one. Anyone around her could forget all the pain, Sam was glad she decided to take this break. 

''Sammy when will Anusha be home?'' Anya asked innocently

''Mommy has gone to bring her back. let's make a card for her and between that we will finish your homework.'' Anya agreed on the condition of making the card, like her mother she was to the artistic one. Sam huffed, she wanted to have Anya her father, but then what about Anusha. Will Arjun be able to accept someone who was sharing her daughter's share. Anusha too was born on the same day, but to a female whose boyfriend ditched her and and vanished. Radhika had been meeting Anusha's mother on her doctor's visit and was left shattered to discover the her friend passed away birthing her baby girl. The girl was born with a broken leg, which doctors overlooked resulting in bone getting attached at a wrong place. Radhika couldn't bring herself to leave the baby in an orphanage, she bought Anusha home. Now at 4, doctor's decided to operate on her leg. She was getting discharged today and Anya was super happy about the home coming of her sister.