Part 2 Chapter-18

Radhika adjusted her head on Arjun's shoulder asking him to switch off the lights. He patted her head lovingly, his eyes on the ceiling. In no time Radhika slipped into deep sleep but Arjun couldn't. He smiled watching her sleeping form, leaning closer he kissed her forehead pulling her closer. Arjun closed his eyes, but for some reason sleep eluded him. He kept huffing, puffing and twisting.

''Why are you not sleeping?'' Radhika asked

''I think I am thirsty , let me get water.'' He replied

She pushed him back to bed, ''stay here. I will be back in a minute.'' Arjun obliged, but couldn't understand why he was still wide awake. He felt as if something was missing. He frowned, stressed his brain but couldn't understand the reason for his restlessness. Just when he decided to dig his brain deep, Radhika walked in with her sleeping daughters in her arms. ''This is what kept you awake.''

He grinned wide as she placed sleeping dolls between them. Radhika got on the other end an watched him as he watched his daughters like they were precious jewels. ''I can see their future. You and Di are going to spoil them bad.''

''I will make them strong, bold and confident. They will always win.''

''I pity their future husbands then.'' Radhika mocked

''They you should pity me as well, compared to you my girls will be angels.'' He teased. She rolled her eyes, slid down and turned away from him. He couldn't see but she had a smile plastered to her face. She knew he couldn't do a minute without his girls. Her girls were really lucky to have Arjun as a father. 

She turned when he whispered her name, ''what?''

''Are you angry?'' He asked making a sweet face

She stared at him with a smile, ''I can never be but you should make sometime for me as well. These two are now making me jealous.'' She said with a curled lip. He got up, placed a pillows on either side of his daughters . Moving to Radhika he pulled her out of the bed, dragging her to the balcony. Pulling her closer, he locked her to his body, ''There is nothing I love more than you.''

''Yet, you have no time for me.'' She pouted . Arjun caressed her face, ''All my breaths are for you.'' She smiled. Arjun took bother her hands into his, ''I wanted to thank you for coming in my life. For stopping from making any mistakes and above all, for my lovely daughters.''

Radhika smiled  ans the suddenly lost it, ''Its already midnight, these two can wake up anytime and then won't let me sleep. Please lets sleep.'' She pleaded like a kid, just when he was about to answer they heard a soft squeals. Radhika softly banged her head on Arjun's chest, ''this is injustice. They are sleeping since 6 in the evening and I couldn't a wink.''

''See the good part, had they been in nursery they would have woken alone.''

Radhika stared at him, ''and played for sometime. '' He pulled her cheeks , threw his arm around her shoulder and walked her back to bed. Anya had turned on her tummy and now looked around all alert while Anusha still slept soundly. Radhika took a breather, ''now put the little don to sleep.'' Arjun shook his head at the dramatic mellowing. He lifted Anya up , placing her on his chest, ''So Princess, I have been blamed about waking you up. Now, prove the world that you are a good girl.'' Anya blinked and then squealed, thinking that her father was playing with her. Radhika frowned and gestured him to get out before he woke Anusha up. Arjun gathered his little girl and walked out, playfully reprimanding her for getting him thrown out. she squealed at that too.

***

Ankush stared at the passing roads and vehicles as his cab headed to Prerna's house. He was excited to meet his aunt whose faint memories were still fresh in his brain. He had plans to visit Radhika, he was excited to see his nieces but Mala had suggested that he visit Prema first.