Part 2 Chapter-17

Arjun decided to help Radhika in putting their daughters to sleep. He rocked Anusha sitting on the bed as Radhika paced around with Anya in her arms. 

He smiled watching Anusha's little eyes drooping, her lips parted as she drifted into slumber. He got up, limped to her crib placing her there. The moment he turned, she wailed. ''Is she unwell?'' He asked worried, trying to pat her calm.

''No, just demanding. Guess she doesn't want you to put her down, she wants you to pamper him.'' Radhika said with a smile

Arjun beamed, the thought of Anusha wanting to spend time with him made him the happiest man. He lifted her up, adjusting her on his shoulder he rubbed her back. ''Lets take them to our room.''

Radhika pouted, ''these two are such bones.'' Arjun just shook his shoulder. 

Once in his room, he watched as she made space for 2 babies on their king size bed. He smiled at Anusha in his arms, ''Now happy?'' 

Radhika placed the two on the bed and patted them to sleep.  Once they slept, she pulled a soft blanket over them and placed few pillows around them. She grinned and made her way towards Arjun. ''Are you not going to sleep on the other side of girls.''

''No, they can't turn on their own. Moreover , they have 3/4 of the space while we are just going to squash in 1/4th.  I had big plans about today and these decided to snatch it.'' She said squeezing her body next to Arjun, making a pillow of his arm. He placed a peck on her forehead and then turned his eyes to tiny miracles.'' They are so beautiful''

''Yes, and they take full advantage of that.''

Arjun rolled his eyes, ''They are too tiny to think of advantage. You just love to create drama.''

''Who is the mother here?'' She asked and he pointed towards her. ''Exactly, I know my girls.''

Arjun rolled to face her , ''And I know my wife.''

''And what do you know about her?'' She teased, whispering over his lips.

''That she loves me , and will always love me.'' A smile stretched on to her lips as she buried her face into his chest. he groaned dramatically bringing her on toes, when he laughed she warned against doing it again.

''Why didn't you tell me you were pregnant?'' He asked

She exhaled, taking a moment to live that emotion. Her fingers kept drawing small circles over his chest as she recalled the moment, ''I don't know, but I felt you would snatch her from me.''

"You knew me! Do you really think I could have done that? Deprive my child from mother's love, do you really believed me to me that cruel?''

She stayed silent, her eyes on the top button of his shirt as she started playing with it, ''No, I knew you wouldn't do that. But I just didn't wanted to come back to you. I was angry and wanted to punish you.''

He lifted her chin up, ''I missed you...a lot.'' She locked her eyes with his, they shared many unspoken emotions. Lifting her palm, she placed it on his cheek, ''And I missed you. I wondered how you would have reacted after the news of my pregnancy. What would you do to take care of me ? Would you wake up in the middle of night to sooth my cravings? I wondered, how would you handle my mood swings? I often wondered what it would be like to be pampered by you? I even day dreamt you around me.''

Arjun took deep breath and threw his arm around her pulling her to his chest. ''You know, I couldn't do much and its all my fault. I am Sorry!''

''Forgiven! See the brighter part, had I not left, I would have never got Anusha.'' He nodded , together they watched their daughters sleeping soundly. His eyes turned emotional, ''I can do all for them.''