Chapter-34

Ankush dawned his chef coat ready to leave for his work, he had recently been promoted. His boss loved his experimental attitude, because of which the restaurant's popularity was soaring heights. Ankush like a good son was sending three fourth of his salary to Dilip , so that they could get free of the debt. He knew it wasn't enough but was determined to try harder.

He had struck good friendship with Manya , her firey confused attitude was exactly contrast to his sorted calm one. They had hit of quite well, she shared her loneliness and he bared his family trouble to her. Though it didn't bring any solution , but it did lessen the burden of their hearts. She had coaxed him to be her cooking teacher and he enjoyed every bit of it due to her small antics.

Manya knew how hard Ankush worked to meet his and his family's needs back home. She had always been a spoiled brat,  mostly due to her family's lack of attention and understanding of her loneliness. She felt a sense of responsibility towards him, and there was a reason for it. No one had been so patient  with her all her life. Her parents had been to occupied with Jai's loss and the Sam-Piyali's cold vibes. Shipping her off to Australia they had forgotten about how she felt, whenever she tried they brushed it off asking her to concentrate on her studies. but Ankush was different, he was patient. She tested him by intentionally doing some silly things. he would just smile, ruffle her hair and correct her  where ever required, she liked him but wasn't sure if he felt the same. 

Taking a deep breath , she pushed the door bell of his apartment. Though the place was small for her taste, strangely she never felt awkward, she felt home. Ankush answered, welcoming her with a smile, ''I bought you this'' Manya extended a small box.

''Why?'' He asked

''because I wanted to , please don't refuse.'' She pleaded thrusting the box in his hand. Ankush unwrapped it , he looked at her with surprise, ''Manya, its expensive I can't take it.'' He extended the watch back to her. Her smile dropped, ''I didn't use my dad's money. I have taken up a sales job at a super market , its all my hard work. Please, it will break my heart.'' Ankush was speechless, last week his wrist watch had stopped working and he knew he couldn't afford a new one for a month or two. This gift brought strange emotions  to his heart, ''I will keep it if you agree not to pay me for the cooking lessons.'' She smiled nodded and threw her arms around him. Akush held her, caressing the back for her head. Manya made a face, she expected him to treat her like a grown up woman and not a kid. She expected his hand to moved lower but to her dismay it stayed around her shoulder and her head. She thought,  'Will have to teach you so many things'  For that moment she decided to enjoy his warmth

***

Arjun parked the bike and Radhika hopped off running away next moment. He felt exhausted with all the drama she created all day, yet his heart was content and happy. Her mischief  filled his heart with contentment . She was like a ray of light, filling in every corner of his life. He decided to take a dip in the pool before dinner. Changing into his swimming trunks he stepped into the cool water, letting in calm his nerves. After few laps, he rested leaning against the pool wall when a sound of feet attracted his attention. He opened his tired eyes to waiting for the blur vision  to clear up. He smiled, Radhika walked in his direction dressed in a free flowing dress all freshened up. There eyes met and he allowed her to see the adoration he held for her, her face turned crimson. He chuckled, he was aware she wasn't use to men walking bare around her, but this affect gave him a sense of victory. He was about to pull himself out when she squealed running off thinking he is stepping out in his bare form, Arjun fell back with a splash laughing hard at her antics.

Sam greeted Radhika as she entered the restaurant, ''You look fresh while others are worn out.'' Radhika beamed with pride, ''I tired them off, including Arjun Sir. It was fun riling him up.'' She clasped her hands together happy about her achievement . Neil watched her with a smile, ''You might get into trouble.''