Part 2 Chapter 21

''How do I look Neil?'' Soniya asked, her heart beating expectantly. She still had hopes that Neil would forget Sam. She knew she was beautiful and had received number of compliments over the years but she forgot, the man she wanted to impress had eyes and hear for just one girl.

''Soniya, you are wasting your time.''

Her shoulders slumped, walking to him she stood opposite to him with her arms crossed, ''Really Neil? It wasn't me, it was you who came knocking at my door. And now you suddenly realised that you cannot leave your past behind. Answer me Neil, where am I at fault in all this? why should I suffer?''

''Exactly ! This is what I am trying to explain you. If you marry me , you will sign yourself to a miserable loveless life.''

'' That means, I am meant to suffer either way. If you marry me , I am stuck in a loveless marriage and if you don't, me and my family suffers humiliation. ''

''What humiliation? You can reject me,''

''I can't because I love you Neil. I always have. I never wanted to come between you and Sam but when you proposed, I got my life back. Don't do this, I won't be able to live with this.'' Neil felt torn but no way he could go ahead with this sham. He knew, sooner or later Soniya would thank him.

Meanwhile, the the duo didn't realise that their conversation wasn't private anymore. Neil and Soniya's family who sat in the hall to discuss the final arrangements heard all. Radhika who had come to help Prerna felt bad for Neil, she never thought that her two beloved friend would come at this stage. She was still thinking about salvaging the situation when Soniya's father's loud voice echoed the Mansion.

''I have had enough if Neil's games. What does he think of my daughter? Is she some kind of toy that he keeps playing with her emotions. Not again! I have been keeping calm and taking your son's bull shit for long but now I will show you what I can do. This wedding won't happen but you won't be in peace as well.''

Prerna stood in silence, not having enough energy to fight anymore. She knew what Soniya's father was upto . He held 15% of her company's share and he would use them to destabilize her. She crashed on the sofa, least worried about the company and deeply hurt by Neil. Little did she knew that her son was already prepared.

''Yes Neil.'' Arjun answered his phone

''Finally, the show ended. Now you know what you have to do.'' Neil reminded

Arjun smiled, ''Yes, No one but I will buy any if the Melhotra Industries share floating in the market. What next?''

''I need BS' creditors details. I will force Sam to come to me.''

Arjun cleared his throat, ''If you know, I am one of them.'' the worry in his voice made Neil chuckle, ''Don't worry, Radhika won't ditch you. Not after two beautiful daughters.'' Neil consoled his dear friend.

***

Sam stared at the sky full of stars wondering what was happening at Neil's house. He was supposed to engaged the same day her heart ached at the mere thought. She wished a beautiful life for him , but at the same time her eyes welled up realising that she wasn't going to be the part of that life. She was destined to be alone and broken.

Sam huffed, what was the point about thinking now. But how much ever she tried, her thoughts went back to Neil. Her idiot! There wasn't one place around which didn't remind her of him. Every corner of her house reminded her of their silly yet precious moments. She wiped the wetness of her eyes. With her or not, Neil would always be a part of her.

Her thoughts broke when she heard a beautiful laughter. Sam smiled, Manya paced dreamily around the lawn , caressing the plants while talking over the phone. She knew it was Ankush on the other side. Sam was happy for her sister, after years Manya had smiled this way and Sam wanted her to be happy.