Chapter-9

Next Morning when Radhika called Hrishikesh , her life suddenly came to a screeching halt when Mala demanded her to return immediately .Radhika tried explaining. But all fell on to deaf ears. Dilip Dadaji and Ankush tried there level best , but Mala had put her foot down. Radhika's aunt had instigated Mala , telling her that Radhika was getting spoiled . Mala feared worst, she wanted her daughter back in Hrishikesh that instant. Ankush promised Radhika convincing Mala and disconnected. He promised to call her back in an hour . Radhika broke down crying miserably

''Arjun its 8 , aren't you getting late for work?'' Rana asked , as he found Arjun still on the bed which was quite unusual for him; ''Call them and tell them I am not well''

''Shall I call a doctor'' Rana's voice was loaded with concern. Arjun stuffed his face into the softness of the pillow; ''No just leave, I want to sleep more'' Rana pulled the curtains over the window and left the room. Arjun opened his eyes and turned over on his back, watching the ceiling he recalled the past night events. The way Radhika pleaded, her aunt's words and his deeds. Arjun covered his eyes with his arm as a tear of repentance rolled down from the corner of his eye. He should have dropped her home, or atleast should have stayed somewhere close. Arjun felt pained , hurt, miserable for being wicked to her. The only one he wanted to be with. Pulling his phone out of the drawer he played an audio. It was Radhika's voice, he had recorded her singing in orphanage of Hrishikesh . This voice was his solace his need. Arjun touched the gallery option , he scrolled down to her picture and clicked on to it. She was smiling wide in that. Arjun Placed the phone beside him on the bed with Radhika's picture on it ; ''Do you have any idea how mad I am for you'' Arjun rolled over on his stomach, bringing his phone below his eyes. He supported his torso on his elbows. Watching her picture intently he whispered; ''Forgive me for being an ass with you. I promise , after all this finishes I will fill your life with smiles and happiness. We will be together for eternity'' Arjun watched her smiling picture and then dropped his body on his back smiling. She was his calmness, his madness, his desire and his ultimate dream.

Neil entered the office little low on his mood, he hasn't slept properly. Sam had tried reaching him numerous time asking to pick her up. But Neil had been too lost grieving his lost love. Plus, he felt miserable for ditching Radhika last minute. It was still 8:30 and Neil had purposely  marched in half an hour early, he was planning to put a half day leave. He wanted to spend time with his mother. Neil moved towards his cabin when his eyes fell on Radhika . She was sitting on her chair with her head hung low and body trembling. Neil noticed she was still in wearing yesterday's dress. Neil's heart sank, he knew something was wrong. Squatting down on his knees he gently held her hands; ''Chashni what's wrong, why are you crying?'' Radhika lifted her tear laden red eyes to look at him. Neil felt like killing himself, whatever it was he too was responsible for it. She kept on sobbing vigorously. Neil stood on his knees leaving to Radhika's sitting posture. He cupped her face; ''Tell me please''

''My mom wants be back, I will never get a chance to live my dreams ever again'' Neil waited for her to speak more. She sobbed; ''I was late yesterday, my aunt threw my luggage and me out of the house. I had no place to go , so I came here. My aunt called my parents and instigated them. Now mom is on a hunger strike till I go back'' She wiped her face; ''I just had this one chance. I just wanted a year to live my life on my terms . Just one year. Was is it too much to ask?'' Neil eyes glistered , not even once she blamed him. He sat there trying to calm her, he assured her of convincing Mala.

Zubin Kritika overheard Radhika crying and Neil trying to console her, they quickly did an about turn to get out of the place. But they gulped looking at Teji standing right behind giving them an angry glare. Before they could stop him , Teji walked to Neil and narrated all of the past night. Neil's angry gaze moved to Zubin; ''you left her in the middle of nowhere that to in night. How could you?. Do you have any idea something could have gone wrong. And you Kritika, what wrong has she done to you that you behave so rude to her. '' Zubin Kritika just stood there quietly . Neil rubbed his forehead; ''I know, she is inexperienced yet much better than you guys. You are jealous, insecure and because of that you wanted to ruin her chance of living her dream'' Taking a step forward he warned; ''If she leaves so are you two. I will myself inform your deeds to Piyali Ma'am'' . All colour drained of Zubin Kritika's faces. ''Its not needed Neil, I should have been responsible. Its me who is responsible , I should have never attended the party. I came here to work, but the greed of living a little more made me lose all my chances. '' Neil was pained, not even once she blamed any of them. ''Look at me chashni'' Radhika lifted her eyes; ''I won't let you go, trust me for one final time and I will keep it''