Chapter 22

''Get me details on Mishras and Joshis and every small detail. There should be something which will help me get Radhika married to Arjun'' Nandini instructed Rana sternly. He huffed , ''You are manipulating things. This is not right''

Nandini moved to the window, ''Sometimes to make everything right you have to take a wrong step. Once Arjun has Radhika, he will stop his mad revenge rampage''. Rana nodded and left. Nandini smiled content. She just needed that weak point, rest she already had ready in her mind

***

Radhika rubbed her arms to escape the cold wind. She looked around, it was pitch dark. It was a lonely place. She felt scared. She kept praying that she should be able to to find her route back. She heard some one approaching and shivered in fear. A man approached her on a bicycle and stopped near her staring at the lonely young girl in the middle of no where.

Arjun enquired about Sam after reaching the hotel and got to known that she had already checked out. He took his room keys and moved to the elevator when a bell boy handed him the bag he left on the reception counter. Arjun stared at the white jute bag. It was hers , he took the bag and moved to his room. Arjun dumped the bag in one corner , he pulled the t-shirt off his head throwing it in one corner. Freshening up he threw his tired body on the bed and closed his eyes. Arjun kept twisting and turning on the bed , but his eyes kept moving to the bag lying in the corner. He turned his body away and closed eyes. All he could see her teary scared face, he pleads not to leave her alone there. Arjun got up, he racked his hands through his hair and realised in his anger he left an innocent girl alone in a place which could be dangerous for her. 

Dark thoughts started hitting his brain. He now felt guilty for leaving her all alone. Picking the bag he left the hotel at the lightning speed. Arjun drove back to the scheduled place where he left her. He called her out a number of times . His heart started beating mad , he feared the worst. He looked around and found something sparkling at a distance. Arjun walked to and picked it up. It was a bracelet, He recalled it was hers. Shoving into his pocket he ran to hos vehicle, deciding to check around all near by places. He frantically drove as skies started pouring adding to his misery.  He scanned every corner as he drove along the deserted road. He would get down to inquire on her whenever he would see a shop or a house. Arjun banged his hand on the steering feeling frustrated about not being able to find her. Leaning on it , he cursed himself again. He decided , whatever it takes he going to bring her back safe. Her smile, mischief were knocking all parts of his brain.  He drove insanely to halt before a small shop quickly getting out he enquired giving her physical description. The shop keeper quickly responded stating that he saw a man taking an over talkative girl  into the house at the dead end. Arjun turned numb, the man mentioned her a talkative. He mentally chided her for being no naive and trustful. With wasting a minute he leaped into the vehicle gushing into the narrow lane.

When he barged in he found her laughing with the kids of the house. he felt life moving back into his body, ''Radhika , lets leave''

''She turned to gave him a side glance, ''Do we know each other'' He was left shocked at her query, she went back narrating the story of a monster slained by a princess. He smiled realizing he was the monster and she was the princess. She was upset and she had the right. ''We have to leave, hotel is far'' He requested again

''I am having dinner. Plus, I can find my own way'' . He went agitated, ''You are enjoying dinner here and I was searching you like mad in this heavy rain''. Radhika's hand stopped at distance from her mouth. She kept the morsel in the plate and stood up to face him sternly, ''But why? I didn't ask you. It was you who left me alone in a deserted place , then why do you blame me for your search patrol.'' He turned speechless, she leaned closer and whispered , '' I am not going with you because I don't trust you with my safety . I am better off here. Kaka will drop me to the main road in morning''. She pointed to the middle age man who rescued her.