Chapter 28

Prerna welcome Radhika with a huge smile plastered on her face. She was happy that her house won't echo with silence. Though, things have been better since she last visited. Yet, somehow Prerna felt Neil forgot Sam around Radhika and she desperately wanted her son to move on. She had seen him staring the space over many sleepless nights. He had even stopped pursuing his passion and that when she started worrying about him. When she confronted, he distanced himself from her. It was after Radhika in her playful way confronted Neil and he started warming up with his mother. Prerna asked her staff to take care of Radhika like family.

''Neil, we should leave . Its late.'' Radhika spoke mouthful looking at the watch . Neil pushed one more piece of bread into her mouth. ''You are not going. You will rest till you heal.'' Prerna nodded and Radhika made a comical expression to lay the foundation of her drama. ''Oh no Neil, I am all fine and you are there to watch me. Please, take me to work with you.'' She pouted like a child , yet he refuse. ''You want me to fall sick.'' She accused him.

''And how am I doing that.''

''By locking me in the house. I will be all alone with you and aunty gone, then I will over think which will cause me headache and that might result into fever or me fainting.'' Neil just gaped at Radhika who made a hill out of mole so easily. Prerna smiled, ''take her, she might get bored. But bring her back with you.'' Radhika squealed giving Prerna a hug.

***

Arjun kept staring at Radhika's empty place through his glass door. She wasn't in yet. He wanted to know what was going in her head after their stint a day before. He smiled recalling how she flinched at his touch. He enjoyed teasing her, it seemed to take him to all together a new world. He felt free with her.

Impatient, he decided to take a break. As he moved out he saw Sam walking in alone. He wondered if Radhika was fine. He knew he couldn't question Sam directly about Radhika, he took the different route. ''Sam, you could have told me you are coming alone. I would have picked you.''

''No worries. Is Radhika in?'' She questioned back without divulging any details he was looking for. He shook his head, ''Neither your room mate nor your best friend is in. Such un professional behaviour.''

Sam jumped to her friends' rescue, ''Oh no, Radhika felt slight pain in her stiches yesterday, and since I am not there, Neil decided to take her to his place. She will be staying there for sometime.''

Arjun was irritated and marvelled at the same time. He couldn't help but admire her idea of escaping his uninvited visits. On the other hand, he was irritated to know that she was staying with Neil. Their closeness was unbearable to him.

''We have a new client coming in, I will commence the meeting without them.'' He spoke hiding the irritation in his voice.

''Arjun, its just 9. Office stats at 9:30 and client meeting is at 11:00. So just chill a bit, and I am sure they will be in by then. Also, I want Radhika to work on the project. She will have views different from all.'' Arjun didn't miss the trust that Sam had for Radhika. He knew, he had to break this bond. And what could be better than using Neil. Just when he was about to reply, giggles took their attention.

Radhika Neil walked in laughing about something. It seemed he tried all to look serious and reprimand her, but she kept laughing at all his words. Radhika's eyes met Arjun's, she smirked, and he understood. It was time, he should show her that he wasn't just dependent of Sam's absence. Instead, he could reach her anytime he wanted.

Neil ruffled Radhika's hair moving to his cabin. Sam hugged Radhika enquiring about her well-being. Arjun didn't miss the pain that crossed Sam's face watching Neil and Radhika fooling around. He knew what had to exploit here.