LM5: Woman's World

We spilling some tea in this chapter, it's lowkey short but hey, I'm putting people on blast. ALSO IT'S A DAY EARLY YAYYYY.

"Y/N?" Freddy asked.

"Yeah?"
"What's it like to be a woman in your world?"
"It sucks ass." You said bluntly, not looking up.

"How?"

"I have to scream to be heard, but when I finally am, I'm told I'm too loud and too obnoxious." You continued sharpening your spear. "But if a man did that, he'd be congratulated for taking charge."

"Please tell us you have the right to your own body?" They asked helplessly.

You let out a heartless laugh, "nope."

"But if you don't who does?" Felix asked.

"Some old white men. Those fuckers think they have a right to our bodies. Why do you think I left?"

They looked at you with pity, you continued, "I left because I was sick of people treating me like I was less than them, I was sick of this fucker in a big white house telling me what I could and couldn't do with my body. I was sick of him saying 'grab them by the pussy'. I was sick of seeing him be blatantly racist and sexist. Also, he's a rapist and they still put him in office. So I left."

You threw the spear at a tree, it was now embedded in the bark. "any more questions?" You asked.

"If he's a rapist, why did they put him in the house?" They looked at you with so much concern and fear.
"All those fuckers care about is who agrees with them, they don't give a rats ass about what he did in the past, even though his past shapes who he is today. Many women came forward, yet, they still put him in office. Hell, he said he'd date his own daughter if she wasn't his daughter, they don't think that's fucked."

"Doesn't anyone care about those women?" Peter asked.
"If a female comes forward saying someone raped her, the assholes are more concerned with what she was wearing, how much she drank, what she was acting like instead of wondering who did it and putting them behind bars." You shook your head, "you know what papers put in the headlines? 'Brock turner, champion swimmer, put behind bars' They don't even say that he raped an unconscious girl behind a dumpster, they don't say that he's a rapist with three convictions.You know what they say? They say 'Stanford champion swimmer' Welcome to America. Land of the free if you're a rich, white, cis, hetrosexual male." You shook your head, "If she can't say no, she can't say yes."

"I think the worst part is if you're a survivor and you say your assailant in the news being praised for being the president, being a champion swimmer, you see him get off clean and you're getting called a lying bitch for coming forward."

"Who calls them that?"
"The people who don't believe the survivor-"
"Isn't she a victim? If she had this awful thing done to her?" One of the younger boys asked in confusion.
"No, she's a survivor. She survived. She persisted."

All the boys nodded in understanding, "and she's stronger than all of us." Peter said gently, "to go through that and still survive."

"Damn straight. Women are powerful, we deal with the assholes that do this shit, we survive it, it takes years but we do it. The people who don't believe us, have never faced a hardship in their life. I've seen someone say that the reason girls get raped is because God thinks they're a slut, news flash: you can't use religion to call someone a slut, it's fucked up and if I have to say it I will: you say that, you have a one way ticket to the Hell you're so afraid of. You ain't getting into heaven with that attitude."

"Y/N, I'm sorry this is happening in your home." Peter grabbed your hand.

You shrugged, "welcome to a Woman's World."

I really don't give a fuck if you think this chapter is too harsh, I've been beating around the bush with this shit for three years and I'm done sugar coating. I actually had someone defend the slut shaming people in this book using religion and that comment has been deleted cause I was pissed as fuck.

I'm agnostic, I don't fall into a religion, but if you do good for you, you find support in something that I just can't. That's not even sarcasm that is me being proud of you for being able to do something that I physically and emotionally can't.

But don't use religion to call someone a slut, or say someone queer is going to hell (listen I know i'm going to hell and that has nothing to do with the fact that I'm queer, it's just i'm dumb as shit and if there is a god, she has given up on me completely. She's sitting on her throne going "this fucking idiot is gonna accidentally kill herself making mac and cheese, I just know it" )

Which lets be honest, I would do. Y'all can probably picture it now.

But like, if you're a woman, don't be an asshole to other women, we gotta stick together okay? I love you all and see y'all in the next chapter.