Breaking Gender Roles: Nail Polish

Pan is breaking some gender roles in this one.

Peter walked into your treehouse with a sad face as he messed with his nails.

"Peter, what's wrong?" You asked from the chair where you were reading.

"I keep chipping nails, and this shit hurts." He said as he picked at a nail.

"Well I can put a clear coat of nail polish on them if you want?"

Crimson lit up on his cheeks, "it works?"

You giggled, "yes." You walked to a cabinet that hid all of your self care stuff so your skin can still look fabulous on Neverland.

You pulled out the clear bottle, "sit." You said nodding to the table.

He sat down, "what do I do?"

"Just hold your hands flat on the table, nail beds up."

He did as he was told, you hummed a tune quietly as you painted even coats of the clear paint on his sore nails.

"All done." You said happily, "now you have to wait a bit so they can dry."

He nodded and asked you how many colors in your cabinet you had, you answered, "every color of the rainbow."
He didn't look you in the eyes, "even green?" His voice was small and timid as his cheeks became redder.

You nodded and broke out the color, he let you paint his nails the pretty green and then you painted your own. The boys thought it was weird, but they kept those opinions to themselves.

Felix came up to you shyly one day, "yes Felix?" You asked.

"Can you paint mine too?" He said fiddling with his nails.

"Yes, what color?" You broke out the bag of nail polish.

He picked up a bright, glittering blue, he held it up in question. You nodded and did his own little manicure.

The boys at first didn't know what to make of their fearless leader and second-in-command wearing nail polish. Then the little boys wanted all types of colors, blues, purples, even some browns. So you had shadow pick up some from the drugstores and brought them back to all of you. Hell, Shadow even gives his opinions from time to time when a boy can't decide what color he wants. 

Leave a comment for which gender role you want to break next!