Healed

A long overdue second part to Good Enough. I did not cry nearly as much in this chapter as I did writing that chapter, oh my lord. Hopefully this lives up to Good Enough.

Songs I listened to while writing this:

Breathin by Ariana Grande

These Four Walls by Little Mix

Love Me or Leave Me by Little Mix (every damn time this song makes me cry what the hell)

Little Me by Little Mix

Turn Your Face by Little Mix

In Too Deep by Why Don't We (Y'ALL THIS IS SO GOOD)

8 Letters by Why Don't We

They Just Don't Know You by Little Mix

Stand By You by Rachel Platten

You were healing, slowly but surely.

After you told Peter how much you've been struggling with your mental health, he made it his priority to get you comfortable enough that you could be yourself and be open with him.

He made sure to get you feeling like you were home. But not the shitty environment that you were in the dark, he made sure you were happier.

That was his main priority, making sure that you were okay.

In order to help you he talked to you, he figured out what your favorite food was, what you did to work out, what your happiness was defined in.

So he got you books, he got you your own little cabin away from the boys where your books, your art supplies and journals. Along with your meds if you needed them to keep yourself motivated, he got that for you.

But he wasn't going to force you too, he wanted you to do this recovery on your own. You got this control, he just tried to push you in the right direction.

Every morning he got you up to work out, but not the boring and tough shit. He got you up and punching things, he got a punching bag hung from a tree and just let you go to town on beating the shit out of it.

He let you have the loose vibe, he didn't push a strict formula type on you, he knew you hated that shit. So he just let you put on boxing gloves or your hand wraps and walked away while you punched the shit out of things.

He then told you to journal, he didn't care what you had to write about, he just told you to write or draw something.

Then he got you cooking, not in that sexist gross way, he just wanted you to express yourself creatively. You made what you could in a forest with no electricity. Somehow Peter got seafood and you made homemade garlic butter (don't ask how you got butter, Peter and Shadow got a lot of stuff for you) and just drenched the grilled seafood in the garlic butter and it became one of the boy's favorite meals.

Another thing, you got night terrors quite frequently, frequently enough that Peter sometimes slept on the floor in your little cabin because he didn't want you to think he was taking advantage of you while sleeping in the same bed (he would never do that either).

One time you woke up from a horrifying nightmare and you sat drenched in your own sweat in bed. You ran your hand through your hair with your other hand covering your mouth to keep the sobs kept back.

You leaned against the headboard of your bed, you tried your breathing exercises but nothing worked.

Peter opened your door rushed and gently, he shut it and sat down on your bed next to you.