The Silent Singer

Imagine being mute when you arrive on Neverland, you hadn't talked for the two weeks you have been on the island, Pan sees this as disobeying because he did tell you to talk, he put you in the cage.

You have been in this cage for two days, the other twelve days were spent "ignoring" others. Bullshit.  You just didn't like where you were, when you go somewhere new, you go silent. Unless, you connected with someone, but that someone has to break your shell.

The reason you were in the cage was absolutely absurd. Pan put you here because you were "disobeying". Well he was being an ass, trying to force you to talk, when he tried to irritate you by poking you in the face, you swung out a fist towards his stomach.

He cut your fury fist and laughed, he also said, "you got fire, I like fire." To which you replied with a disgusted scowl.

Then he tried again after that, doing the same thing. He finally got frustrated and tried to scare you. By putting you in this shitty box.

It's a great place for thinking, and then you got bored, you tried thinking of books you've read, your memories from home, but that just made you sad.

So you tried singing, you quickly tried to think of one you could sing without music, Don't You Worry Child.

So you opened your mouth and started to sing

*****************************************************************

There was a time
I used to look into my father's eyes.
In a happy home
I was a king, I had a golden throne.
But those days are gone,
Now the memory's on the wall.
I hear the songs
From the places where I was born.

Pan woke up. It wasn't like he usually does, to boys messing around, it was a girl singing. But the only girl that speaks is Tinkerbell but she's nowhere near the camp.

He sat up with shock, no, he thought, it couldn't be Y/N, he thought to himself

He decided to get up and get dressed to see who this mysterious singer was.

Upon the hill across the blue lake,
That's where I had my first heartbreak.
I still remember how it all changed.
My father said,
"Don't you worry, don't you worry, child.
See heaven's got a plan for you.
Don't you worry, don't you worry now."
Yeah

He flew down to the ground and saw you, the midnight glow in your hair, making it look like an angel's.

He hid behind a tree so he could continue to hear you sing.

There was a time
I met a guy of a different kind.
And we ruled the world,
I thought I'd never lose him out of sight.
We were so young, I think of him now and then.
I still hear the songs reminding me of a friend.

He smiled at your voice, it was beautiful, just like the rest of you. He wondered what he'd have to do in order to get you to talk. You reached the end of the song and he couldn't help but feel sad. He needed to hear your voice again and he wasn't talking about your singing voice, he wanted to hear your talking voice. He wanted to hear his name fall off your lips, not "Pan" he wanted to hear "Peter."

He stepped out from the shadows and sat by the cage, startling you.

"Your voice is beautiful." He was met with silence, "Y/N, talk to me. Please love, just speak."

You opened your mouth but then closed it, you got the expression of someone who was guarded.

"Can you at least tell me why you don't speak?"

You took a deep breath, "when I was younger, I traveled into different realms a lot but where I went, I was made fun of. I didn't speak like the people I visited, I was bullied into not using my voice in front of new people." She looked at Pan through the bars, she did a small smile, "that's why."

Shock took over his face, "Y/N, we wouldn't bully you. We'd accept you, that's what Neverland is all about, helping the lost."

You smiled, "thank you Pan."

His stomach lurched when you called him that, "please don't call me that. Call me Peter."

"Okay, Peter." You giggled, he reached forward and unlocked the cage. He helped you out.

You two started a fire and talked, actually talked. You learned about his past and he learned yours. Neither of you judged the other, in fact you understood each other. You learned he needed a queen, and you were up for the job.

Requested by @Karipage

Hope you liked it!