Pretend

Peter had noticed a difference in you, your smile had lost it's shine, your eyes had lost the mischievous spark that had lived in them for years.

You two had been growing more and more distant since this had begun.

Peter didn't know what to do, there wasn't a doubt in his mind about his feelings for you, he loved you with every fiber in his being.

You were... different.

Little did he know there was a secret of yours you've kept from him forever, you didn't know why you didn't tell him.

One night he had had enough, he loved you but everyone has to snap at some point.

"Y/N?"

"Yeah?"

"What's going on inside that head of yours?" He asked gently.

"What?"

"You aren't acting the same, your eyes know longer shine with mischievousness, your light is flickering."

Your blood fired up, "cut the shit shakespeare, what are you trying to say?" You snapped.

He let out an irritated sigh, he pinched the bridge of his nose. "You aren't acting like the love my life."

That felt like a punch to the gut, "what?" Peter winced at your broken whisper.

"For the past weeks you haven't been acting like my wife!"He finally snapped, tears springing to his eyes. He hated fighting with you. 

"Acting like your wife?!" You sprung up from your seat on the chair in your guys's bedroom.

"You haven't been looking me in the eye, you have barely greeted the lost boys, you haven't even greeted me in the morning. You shelter yourself from everyone, we are your family! What is going on with you?"

"I'm fucking sorry if I'm not a good enough wife for you! I'm fucking sorry if I can't help the lost boys, I'm fucking sorry I've gotten so good at pretending!" Your voice broke, as did the wall hiding your tears. 

You knew the Lost Boys could hear you guys shouting, you knew the younger ones were covering their ears and the older ones were telling them that Momma and Pan weren't fighting. They were all hoping you two were going to be okay.

That last comment threw him completely off, "pretending?" the word was like venom in his mouth. "What have you been pretending?" He was worried about your answer, your answer may have been his biggest fear.

Losing you.

"I can't pretend anymore that I'm okay." With that you lost it, you let the wall crumple and shatter as you did. 

"Hey..." He said gently and took you in his arms, you wrapped your arms around his back and pressed your face into his shirt.

"God, I'm so sorry." You mumbled, your sobs racked your body.

He held you for a good five minutes, occasionally kissing your head and rocking you back and forth.

You pulled back and he wiped your remaining tears away, "you want to tell me what's going on?" He asked leaning his forehead against yours. 

You nodded, "I just-" you took in a deep breath. "I'm emotionally exhausted. I love all of you guys so much and I'm sorry I can't be a good wife or mother I just-"

He pulled you into another hug, "your health matters first, take however long you need love, we'll be there for you."

He held you throughout the night, the boys eventually wandered off to their tents and fell asleep, happy that you two stopped fighting.

Since then Peter had started noticing your little differences and helped you throughout them, since the fight you two had grown stronger and your love lasted through it all.

So I'm trying to be back but I'm in a HUGE writing block for this book and I want to continue it because I love it so much.

So please, please leave requests, I used to have them on my phone then my phone glitched up badly and now they're gone. 

I'll see y'all in the next update! <3