Chapter 40: Basketball Practice

Kimber's POV

When Mike arrived at the library Ms. Brown cornered him with like a million questions and it was just so funny. He came over to me super pissed and plus he already had a bad day, but it was till funny.

On the other hand I really felt bad for him that he had the kind of day that he had. I mean I don't want him to be off of the basketball team or anything, so I decided that i'll do something about it-I just didn't know what I would do yet.

I asked him over and over if he was okay and he just kept saying yes. Yes. Yes. After he told me what he did to his dad, I wondered if he wanted to go home, so while he was leaving to go home I asked him. "Do you want to stay by me tonight?"

He pulled me into a hug and smiled. "NO I have to deal with this situation like a man. I need to finally stand up to him and if he kick me out then i'll come to you. If I can?" he questioned.

I grabbed bothr of his cheeks and kissed him softly. "Of course it's okay baby. Now go home and handle this. I have to go to basketball practice." I piped. I tried to pull away but he grabbed my wrist.

"Who the fuck is teaching you?"

"None of your bees wax!" i jerked my hand away from his. "Well gotta go baby. Love you very much. I quickly walked away before he could tell me other wise. I really hoped that he would be okay, but if he wasn't he could always call me on my new Iphone. I wondered why his dad acted like he did towards him and inside I was glad that I never met him. he seemed like a real bitch.

When I arrived at the court I saw Marshall already shooting hoops. He was a really good shooter. Its like he never missed a shot. For some reason I felt the urge to ask I'm about his drug selling and why he was doing it even though he knew it could destroy his entire basketball career, but I quickly fought that urge.

"Marshall you suck!" I yelled as I sat my backpack on the ground.

He quickly turned around and smiled. "You might want to be fucking nice to me little Kimmie since I am the one who is going to get some of of little Mike."

"Gross! That's is just not a sexy way to refer to my boyfriend's penis. Jeesh. Now let's just start this practice thing already. I can already see myself losing about fifty pounds doing this!"

"At your service, little Mike!"

"Aw man you gotta stop with that. It's gross!" I walked up to him and grabbed the ball from his hand. "Now teach me some bball!"

he jacked the ball back and looked at me with an amused expression. "Please refrain from using any kind of slang. It does not fit you." He took a shot and made it. Damn his basketball skills.

"Um I can be a gangster too Marshall!"

He laughed. "And I can be a white boy from Beverly Hills. Now stop making me laugh and come learn a little defense."

"Is it hard?"

He smiled. "Not as hard as little Mike will be when you beat big Mike in that basketball game. Now come on my girlfriend is waiting on me!"

I was confused. "I thought you broke up with that girl at your school."

He looked at me annoyed. What? I was just wondering. He exhaled loudly then smiled at me. "Come and try to take the ball from me." I walked over to him and quickly jacked the ball from his hands. "I wasnt fucking ready!" He yelled, but it was too late I was already running to the goal bouncing th ball. I heard him creep up behind me and I quickly jerked to the right and did one of those moves when the ball hit the back part of the goal and went in.

Marshall picked up the rebound. "One for me. Now I earned a little detail about this new girlfriend of yours that no one seems to know anything about. Mike thinks your are still single."

Marshall looked at me with an uncomfortable expression on his face. "Kimber..." He trailed.

"No! I made the shot and I deserve to know. That's the deal." I put my hands on my hips to show him that I was serious about this.

"Okay. game on. What do you want to know?" He asked.

"What's her name?"

He laughed. "I knew you were going to ask that, but too bad I can't tell you. She wants to keep it a secret."

"Okay then...How did you meet her?"

He thought for a second. "She is really close to a person that I love."

Hm. This girl is some mystery and I wanted to solve it, so I played hard. Within ten minutes I was already on my second question. "Do you love her yet?"

"Why did you want to know?"

I shrugged. "I just do."

He nodded. "Yes. I do."

"Have you had sex with her?" I blurted. Shit i didn'tmean to say that out loud. "Oh my gosh! I am so sorry. That is none of my business! I really didn't-"

He cut me off. "I get it. You think that everyone is have sex but you and Mike."

I nodded eagerly. "How did you know!?"

He walked over to me and cupped my cheeks and turned my face to be eye level with his. "Listen to be Kimber and you better fucking hear what I am saying. Mike loves you. In fact I have never seen him love any girl more-well Holland, but she doesn't count. he wants to be with you. And only you, and i am sure that he wants to do it with you. he is just waiting for the right moment. Listen to me-"

I jerked from his grip. "I have to go!" I ran away because I knew he was lying and the real reason that Mike doesn't want to do it with me is because I'm fat, ugly, and nasty. And if he felt that way then he doesn't have to ever talk to me again. I;ll bet Marshall had sex with his skinny girlfriend already! I bet that I am the only one who has to wait ""for the right time".

I barged into my house to find my mom sitting on the sofa watchign Tv with a Vodka in her hands. As soon as she saw me in tears she ran over to me and craddled me into her arms. "I knew that he was going to hurt you like this." Was the last thing I remembered her saying before I fell into a deep sleep.