Chapter 10: Mike's Flashback

This is a flashback to take you understand Mike's attuitude towards his parents better.

Mike's POV

5 years ago when he was 14 and Holland was 10.

I fucking hate the doctor's office. It was so fucking depressing you would think that they would want to put a bit of life in it since most people here were in a sicken state, but fuck not they would rather keep it white and shit. What the fuck that would drive an already crazy person to suicide.

"Brother?" Holland called to me.

She sat right next to me in the red leather chairs with her head rested aganist my shoulders. Her voice was so weak. I wanted to take her place and feel what she felt. I wanted to release her from this pain, but I could not. I could only watch as she suffered and hear as she cried every night. I would sit by her door and cry with her-silently while my parents slept or spoke about money or power.

"Yes?" I looked down to her seven year old face. She was s pretty. Her green eyes so pure and innocent. Her black hair so long and wavy. She was short for her age barely 3'5. So pretty.

"I'm scared." I could hear that she was about to cry. I raised her chin a fraction of the way and stared deep into her eyes.

"Do not be. I am here." It was my promise to her to always protect her through anything and everything.

"Jesus! Michael! Do not baby her!" My father boomed from the chair next to me. "She is already weak and useless the least she could do is be brave about the situation. We Scoons never ask for pity."

My anger rose. "She did not ask me for anything!"

My mother quickly rose from her chair. "Come on sweety let me take you to the little girl's room before they call your name."

Holland looked at me for a split second before she was pulled up by my mother and dragged out of the room. I looked ahead not even turning to my father, but I knew he was going to say something.

"I am tired of your disrespect! I am your father!"

I did not say anything. I was worried about my sister with that woman who pretended to care about her. She was probaly scared out of her mind.

"Do you hear me?"

"How can I not you are practically yelling in my ear."

I heard him exhale. "Sooner or later you will respect me."

"Sure."