Chapter 27: Midwestern

Vote,

Comment,

Fan??

Kimber's POV

"Wake up Kimber, we have things to do!" Mike whispered in my ear. I groaned as his arm slipped from behind my waist.

"What time is it?" I asked. It felt like I only got one hour of sleep. I turned to see Mike already up and dressed laying on top of the covers. "How long have you been up?"

He shrugged. "A few hours at most! Now come one we have to get ready." He gave me a quick kiss then jumped up. "I am going to go and get us some breakfast while you get ready."

I gave him a thumbs up. "You go do that. I am going to take a nap." I closed my eyes and a few seconds later I felt like a huge truck had just landed right on top of me. "What the hell?" I opened my eyes to see Mike laying on me with a smile on his face. "Could you move? You're heavy as hell?" I tried to push him, but to no avail. I was weak and useless. "Ugh! Okay I'm getting up."

He wrapped my legs around his waist and pinned my hands over my head. "Promise?" He whispered as he kissed my cheek then my jaw and finally my lips. My heart melted as he softly kissed me. I loved his lips. I loved his body this close to mine and I loved the way he held me. I can't believe that he actually loves me. Or so he says.
________________________________________________________________________
"Come on!" I yelled to the Focus that just cut us off. "What a dick!"

Mike laughed. We had just came from our little stop in Dallas and we were back on the road. It was really fun! I had never known Dallas to be so fun, but then again I have never been out of my small town. Mike took me shopping-I only got one shirt though. he kept trying to make me get a cell phone, but I kept telling him no. It was funny because he was getting mad. he said that he wanted to talk to me at night when he was at home and lonely in his bed. I laughed and told him no. I didn't want him buying me things with his thousands of dollars.

"We are almost there." He said.

"Thank Gosh! My butt is killing me." He looked at me and smiled. "I can make it all better."

I stuck my tongue out at him. "I think i'll pass. So what's the name of this college again?"

He smiled from ear to ear. Wow. He must really like this school. "Midwestern State University!" he exclaimed. I smiled. "Where are you going to school?" he asked.

"No where. I actually want to be a Marine." I answered honestly. Just thinking about it made me think about my dad. he had always wanted me to follow in his footsteps and I always knew that I wanted to so it was no question what I as doing once I graduated. Marines all the way. My mom begged me not to go, but honestly I really didn't care what she wanted. It's not like she actually takes care of me, so why would I stay? To pick her up off the floor once she drinks herself to the brink of death. Nope. I'll pass. The only reason I would stay was of my grandmother got sick because she was really the only one who actually cared about me.

Mike looked at me carefully. "Your dad?"

I nodded. "He was a Marine." This subject was a little too touchy for me. I begged myself not to cry.
"Is that why he left? Because he was a Marine?" He pressed a little more. I nodded. he grabbed me hand and placed it into his. "Well at least your dad loved you. My dad is a man who loves nothing but money and status. And power."I gripped his hand tighter. I could feel the hurt in his voice. This was something that he did not talk about lightly and he was telling me? Why? "My sister..."