Chapter 31: Acceptance

Vote,

Comment,

Enjoy,

Kimber's POV

Brandon seemed surprised that his best friends accepted him so easily. We all sat in the living room of Mike's house and talked about the situation for what seemed like hours before Katie took off and Mike and I hopped in his Benz and headed to the other side of the tracks.

"So Brandon and Marshall are sleeping by you?"

Mike nodded. He has been quite quiet since the whole Brandon being gay incident and the whole Devin crashes the party scene. It seemed that it was all too much for him to take. I tried to talk to him, but his mind seemed like it was too far gone for me to cope with so I decided to just ride quietly and let him process his thoughts. he seemed to be trying to deal with everything, and the truth was that I just didn't know what to tell him. I would have been trying to handle myself if I was in that kind of situation as well.

The ride was so quiet that I could hear every single rock we rolled over and hear the death of every single bug that guts splat on the window. It was a little too quiet. I would rather him be cursing up a storm than to be sitting here looking all distant, but I just laid my head against the seat and closed my eyes.

"Marshall is selling drugs." He said all of a sudden. "And I don't know what to do about it. And he is going to fucking mess up his chances at getting a full ride to college."

I opened my eyes to see tears falling from his face. My breathe caught in my throat. I didn't know what to say. I never for once thought he would be one to actually cry. He seemed so tough all the time.

"Mike..."

He slammed his hands against the steering wheel and I jumped in my seat. "How the fuck can Brandon ever think we would not accept him just because he's gay? What kind of person does he think I am? I am nothing like those preppy ass white kids who think they are too good for anything and anybody! I am Mike! And he is the closest thing that I have ever had to a brother; well him a Marshall are at least."

"I'm sorry."

He looked over to me and smiled. "It's not your fault."

He was silent the rest of the ride. He leaned over and kissed my deeply when we arrived at my house. "I'll see you Monday bright and early. Bye baby."

"Bye."

When I entered the house my mom wasn't there. I really wanted to know what kind of job she had that she had to work in the middle of the night, but I was too sleepy to worry about that.

___________________________________________________________________________

Mike's POV

"So when did you know?" I asked Brandon as soon as I walked into my living room here him, Holland, and Marshall we sitting. The house was dirty as fuck,but cleaning was the last thing that I was worried about at that moment.

I flopped down between Holland and Marshall who were kind of close. If he wasn't my best friend I would have been fucking pissed. Brandon sat in the chair across from the couch with an uncomfortable look on his face.

"I always knew." he answered. Why the fuck was he uncomfortable around us? We are his family. And to be honest it made him no different of a person just because he liked it from the back. Hell he was still the same fucking person in my book and if any one had a problem with it they would have to deal with me, and I would love to beat the living shit outta someone at this very fucking moment. I wanted someone to say something smart. they were so fucking dead.

Marshall's fist clenched together. "And you never felt the need to share this with us? Your two best friends? When were you going to tell us? And if you are gay then why are you with Sabrina?"

Holland was the one to answer. "Cover-up."

I looked over to Brandon who nodded. I could feel Marshall getting angrier by the minute. "So this bitch doesn't even make you happy and you are with her? Man fuck her. Y'all breaking up Monday! I never liked her anyone. Stuck up ass."

Holland reached over me and grabbed his hand. "Calm down. Do you want to go for a walk?"
What the fuck? Well aren't they comfortable around each other. He looked over to her and smiled. "No. I'm fine. i just don't like to know that my best friend was unhappy for all this time." He gripped her hand firmly then looked at me and quickly let it go. What the fuck is going on? I think I am just imagining things.

 Brandon spoke next. "I know that I should have told you, and I would have if I knew that your reactions would be this understanding. But now the whole school is going to know and you guys know how much the basketball team hates faggots."

What the fuck. "Don't call your self that!" i yelled. "And fuck them. They are not going to say anything. they know we could beat the shit outta they white asses with our eyes closed." I yelled.

Marshall nodded. "Just tell us things like this okay? We don't want to be a friendship full of secrets."
I gulped and looked over to Brandon. He knew what i wanted to say, but we both kept quiet.
Holland broke the silence. " Hey, do you guys want to start cleaning up? If we start now we can have less to do in the morning."

Girls. "Sure." i answered.

Marshall hoped off the sofa. "Holland and I have the kitchen and dinning room."

Umm okay. "Well then Brandon and I will have this room and everything else that might be dirty."
"Whatever." Marshall answered then him and Holland disappeared.

I looked over to Brandon whose discomfort seemed to sway. "Well let's get started."