Chapter 24: You're No Real Mom(2)

Vote,

Comment,

Enjoy,

Kimbers POV

My mom and I havent spoken much this week and I was glad for it. I did not want to hear her mouth right now because she was sure to ruin my good mood with her drunkeness, which she was everyday of the week everyday after she came home from whatever job she had. I still didn't ask her where she worked because frankly I didn't care. I was tired of caring about her and what she does in her life. I had taken care of her since the very first day she got drunk and where did it get me? Fat. Self concious and lonlely, but now I had Mike and Katie! I wasn't so alone anymore, and I didn't want to pick her up off the floor when she was drunk and passed out. I just didn't want to do it, so every morning I woke up and she was laid out across the livving room floor I stepped over her and left the house. The weather was cooler this week. The beggining of October weather so I had to wear a little sweater. Every day Mike picked me up and we talked about our little road trip. Witchita Falls was about 6 hours away, but we didn't want to drive all the way there in one day, so we decided to get a hotel in Dallas.

I had never been out of this little city and I was pretty darn excited about traveling! I was really excited when he said that we were stopping in such a big city like Dallas. he sadi were are going to go out and about on the town. And he was going to pay for everything. He must really love me. He was taking me out of this God forsaken place. At least I hoped that would be the case.

The entire week I had been trying to figure out how I was going to tell my mom about this little adventure that I was excited to go on, but I came up empty every time. I just knew that she was going to say no! Crap! Why did MIke have to be white...

And sexy.

And nice.

And funny.

And curse too much.

And love me...

He loved me! Kimber! Me! The fat girl! The ugly girl! The Mexican who lived on the poor side of town! Me! It was almost to be good to be true, but I knew it was true form the way he held me when we snuck to the back of the library and how he always walked me to the front doors of the school where Katie met me every morning. How he kissed me in front of everyone-including Devin and his mighty band of followers. It was liberating! :)

But I stsill didn't know how to ask my mom. Crap and it was fianlly Friday. The day seemed like it took so long just to arrive and I was beyond excited when I woke up that morning. The sun shone ray like through the front room window and as I opened my eyes everything seemed good. Even the uncomfortable sofa that i was forced to sleep on felt softer and more durable. I was happy inside and apparently outside as well.

"Why the smile?" My mom asked when I walked into the kitchen.

I srugged. "No reason. Just happy that it's Friday." I responded as I placed my toast in the microwave.

"You know Kimber, I see that Mike boy come and pick you up everyday. What did I tell you about him?"

I smiled. "Something along the lines of he is using me for sexual favors."

She gasped and slammed her plate down. "I don't want you seeing him again."

"Too bad."

She grabbed my shirt and flung me into the counter. "He is too good for you baby and I don't want to see you get hurt!" Her voice became softer. "I only want what's best for you."

I pushed her away from me. "And you think a mother who drinks all the time is good for me?"

I grabbed my toast and stormed out the room. How dare her tell me what she thinks is good for me. Fucking hypocrite. All she does is drink and probaly has sex for money that's why she doesn't want to tell me where she works. Fucking...ugh!!!!!!!!

Oh yes I was goingto see Mike whenever I wanted and I was going to fuck him fuck him fuck him at the hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I was going to seduce him not the other way around because he is not using me for sex. BUt I sure did want some.

Okay next chapter(s) is the road trip. I am soooo excited....a restricted chapter is coming up soon.