Chapter 11: Katie's Bravery

Kimber's POV

I left the house and almost tripped over a beer bottle that my mom brought in last nigth after he job interview. I had a strange feeling that she did not get the job. The weather was warm on this September morning and traffic was flowing smoothly.

For some reason I was in good sprits aven though my mother was back at it again. I had promised myself not to bother her as I left her a note of where I was going to be and wrapped her dinner up in some foil. My hair was in its normal curls and my glasses were pushed up int their normal fashion. I was determined not to let Devin and his mighty band of followers to tourment me. I was in too good of a mood to see it destroyed by a bunch of assholes-excuse my french. When i finally made it to the brick encased school. I saw Katie and the rest of the Chess Club exactly where they said they would be.

"Hey." I said when I walked over to them.

"Hey girly! We were just asking where you were!" Katie exclaimed.

"Sorry so late."

"It's fine, but we didn't get a chance to gosssip with you." Just then the bell rang. Phillip, Jose, and Angela scattered while Katie and I began our walk to math. "So did you get the homework?"

"Yes. I was simple just like you said draw the right triangle and label it."

"But did you do it right?"

"Umm.."

"Don't worry ill's check it in class."

"Okay."

Standing by the door was no other than Devin, Victor, and Summer. Summer had on her cheerleading uniform and the boys wore suits-it was Friday Night Lights today, and this chool did not play about their football. We were undefeated in district so far. they might be asses but they were great football players.

"Can you get away rom the door?" Katie asked politely.

"Shit girl..You fine. Let me get a piece of that white meat." Victor licked his lips the turned to me. "Yuck looking at your fat rolls just ruined my appetite. I think I am going to go and throw up now." The three dicks laughed.

Katie's face turned red. "Do not speak to her like that."

Summer laughed. "Who the fuck are you? Our mom? You think just because you are white you are allowed to speak to us. YOu had better go your cracker ass across those tracks."

She turned her nose up in disgust then walked away with Devin and Victor laughing all the way down the hall. Katie shook her head.

"Don't worry about them. They're just a bunh of mean people who will never get anything good outta life."

Katie smiled. "Well Ill bet that they will get a state championship."

We walked into class. Everyone seemed excited about the game tonight. We were playing a school that was supposed to be a big competition. The entire day went on like that. People chated excitedly about the game, and girls told their friends what they were going to wear. Some of the things ranging from mini skirts with things underneath to half shirts with no bra underneath. The football boys chanted their fight song up the hallway the entire day, but the only thing I could think about was Mike. I wondered what he was doing.

Usually my time at school was filed with thoughts about my mom, but ever since he prevented me from suicide I could not get Mike off of my mind, and he was not embarassed by me and even introduced me to his friends and they were cute and I could tell they were easily the popular boys at whatever school the went to. I wondered what school that could be. Maybe i'll ask him today. I wondered what he ws doing at that moment.

Mike's POV

"Man fuck that bitch ass nigga!" I said to Bradon. "I bet he ani't talking bout fighting."

We stood on the basketball court outside. It was lunch break and a group of preppys were "looking at them funny". The stood in a group of several cheerleaders and a couple of football players.
"They not even loking over here." Marshall laughed. "You always trying to fight somebody."

He looked at the ground. "So how has you sister been doing?" I could tell that he knew that was a sore subject, but I smiled at him.

"She had another one a couple of days ago." My voice dropped. I willed myself not to drop a tear. Bradon and Marshall clasped my shoulders.

"Is she okay?" Bradon asked.

"Yes. The doctor said that she was just overexcited about an episode of fucking Gossip Girl! Don't worry you can laugh."

We did. They let go of his shoulders as a loud laugh sounded from the group of preppies.
I then turned to Marshall. "How is your family doing?"

He turned to look at the mountainous lanscape that surrounded the school. "He hit her again last night?"

"Is she okay? Is your mom okay?'"

"She had to get stiches in her jaw. Again." He threw the ball across the court. "I swear to God that I just want to fucking take a knife and drag it along his black ass neck! I hate him. I do not see how I came from his fucking sperm cells. I would never git a female."

Bradon and I looked into the oblivion with him. "I understand."

Then the bell rang and him and Bradon's girlfeinds came running over from their little gossiping table.

"Hey baby" Sabrina pulled Bradon into a tight hug.

"Hey love." Kasey then pulled Marshall into a demanding kiss and that is when I walked away things were getting a little too serious. I called Holland before I went to class. I asked what she doing and she said watching Gossip Girl. Can you fucking believe that?

The rest of the day my thoughts centered around that thick and sexy Kimber. I could not wait to see her. I wondered how much she weighed. She didn't look a bit over 200 pounds. I sure hope that she didn't kill herself last night when I wasn't looking.