Chapter 14: Sunday

Kimber's POV

It was Sunday. Sunday. My mother was sober and we were sitting on the sofa with my grandmother Maria.

"This house looks a damned mess. I swear I do not know who raised you to be such a pig." She yelled at my mother. This was a common occurance.

"I have a new job." My mother announced.

"What?" I could have sworn that she came into the house drunk out of her mind that day. I thought she got turned down. Well maybe that was her way of celebrating. Could have fooled me.

"That's great mom." I pulled her into an awkward hug. "I am going to go for a walk."

My grandma smiled at me. "yes you do that. Your mother and I will talk and put of those groceries."
I got up from the couch and left the house. The day was so beautiful. I could feel the wind blowing through my hair. I walked along the broken streets passed the homeless black kids and passed the poor mexicans playing soccer in the street. I walked passed all of the drug dealers and prostitues on the corners, and I defenitly walked passed the dirty cops that were givving me a sour exspression. I walked towards the library even though I did not know it. That is where I was going. When I entered I was greeted by a cheery Mrs. Brown.

"Well I did not exspect to see you here today! What brings you here?"

I nervoulsy pushed my glasses onto my face. I could not tell her that I had the notion that I was going to find Mike here. I wanted to apologize for how I treated him. It was wrong for me to run off on him like that. I felt guilty, but I was too scared. Too nervous and he was way too close. I could feel all of his private areas on me. Can you say gross?

"I wanted to do a bit of reading."

"Well of course come on in!" She gestured to the main area then walked away to tackle some kids. It was very nosiy, so I decided to go into our corner. And sitting in the spot where he was just two days before-Mike with a confused look on his face.