Chapter 6: Fainted

Kimber's POV

What the hell does this guy want with me? Did he want to be friends? Did he not know that he was way to cute to be talking to me? And what was up with him trying to guess my name? Ugh. He was way off with all those common Mexican names-I had a white name, and could not speak a lick of Spanish. He was cute though. He really looked like that Brad Pitt man just with neck length black hair. He was very cute. Too cute to be trying to guess my name if you ask me.

"Is it Isabelle?" He asked that with a heavy Mexican accent. I almost started to laugh. I decided to uncross my arms and look at him. His brows were furred.

"Don't think to hard now young man." I laughed. I could not hold it in any longer. Then I looked down and saw my stomach moving in the most disgusting way and I quit laughing just like that. It was ashamed how self conscious I was in front of this boy that I barely even knew. I had to stop looking at him.

"Is it Carmen?"

"That is enough Mr. Scoon! You are hear to work not flirt!"

Oh no I could feel my cheeks becoming hot. He was so not flirting with a fat pig. The woman who walked up I would assume to be the librarian. She had on a blue and white casual dress with the glasses that went all around the head. She made my glasses actually look stylish.

Hm. I pushed them up on my face. The woman pushed the boy beside me and stood in front of us.

"I am Mrs. Brown, the head librarian here, and that," she pointed to an old white lady with drizzy hair. "Is my assistant Mrs. Duber, and that" she pointed to another old white lady with pretty gray hair. "Is Ms. Lyer-the widow."

I could feel the boy's heat radiating front his body and sense his annoyance with the entire situation. It seems as though he did not want to be here either. So why was he here I asked myself? I He does not seem like the kind to get into trouble and have to come here, but I am also not one to get into trouble yet here I am. Ugh. Just to think about Devin and his mighty band of followers made me sick inside. I shuddered.

The boy look at me with a worried expression. He was a very sensitive person. First he saved me from killing myself and now he was talking to me as if I was not some fat ugly pig in a tan blanket with pretty hair.

He caught my eyes and smiled. It was the most-

"This is not going to be a walk in the park. This internship can easily be compared to Anne Hathaway's job at that magazine! You will work hard over the next three months to earn this on your college resume! And maybe you Miss. Simms will learn a bit of discipline while here!"

"Not to be disrespectful, but how can this job be hard. Its nothing but a bunch of dusty old books. The boy smiled.

"Look here Michael Scoon, just because your father is rich does not mean that you can speak when not spoken to!!!"

Gosh this woman had an annoying voice. So that was his name Michael, and he was rich! I knew it! I just knew it! I turned to him and saw his demeanor change. It was as if the mention of his father brought sadness to him. I wondered...

"You jobs will be simple-DO EVERYTHING I SAY WITHOUT QUESTION!"

"Mrs. Brown!" The lady with the pretty haired called. "I have something to ask you!"

She turned to us. "Do not move form this spot." She quickly walked away."

I turned to Michael. "She's a bit much huh?"

"She a fucking old bitch is what she is, and call me Mike." He turned to me and smiled. "So can I know your name?"

What the heck. It looked like we were going to be in hell together I might as well let him know my name. "It's Kimber."

He smiled. "Well them Kimber. I want to make  bet with you before that old bitch comes back over here."

I did not like the sound of that. "What kind of bet?"

"I bet you twenty dollars that I know why you tried to commit suicide!"

"What?" I was shocked.

"And I bet that I can help you."

I was pissed. "Firstly you do not why I tried to do it. You don't even know me. How dare you?" My voice was loud a few people turned to see what the problem was.

Mike just stood there, but for the first time his face was serious and she stared me directly in the eyes. "You tried to kill yourself because you think you are worthless and ugly."

"Fuck you."

"When?

"Oh my gosh!" I began to stomp off, but he grabbed my arm and turned me facing him, and we were close-like really close I could see the little bits if stubble that was beginning to form under his chin and I could hear his heart beating. He pulled me into him and pressed our bodies together.
Then whispered..."I can help you lose the weight and prove to you that you are beautiful. Then maybe you won't have to jump in front of speeding Mustang drivers."

We were so close that I almost fainted, and for some reason i was not mad that he had somewhat guessed something so personal about me. I was a bit too shocked.

I fainted. The last thing that I remembered was falling into his arms and wondering how the hell was he able to hold my fat self up.