Fix You Plots

The night my best friend had his accident I woke up at three in the morning to him saying my name over and over. Later, I found out that he technically died for forty something seconds (I believe that was the time. I don’t remember exactly nor do I want to).

That’s why I’m infatuated with ghosts. So much so that I visit graveyards all the time. And it’s part of the reason why death doesn’t bother me.

And it makes me happy. In some weird, twisted way it makes me happy that if he was going to die, he was going to wake me up. It’s like I was supposed to face the idea that he wasn’t always going to be around.

He didn’t want me to just sleep walk through a tragedy. He wanted me to face it because he knew I could handle it and that makes me happy. Sad, but happy.

You can’t just ignore your problems. You have to wake up. You have to find your own self.

But that’s neither here nor there. So let’s rant.

Can we talk about the Fix You Plots?

Because I’m just absolutely sick of them.

I kind of feel like I’ve already been over this in countless other rants, but c’mon. What’s one more while I’m tired and in pain and just sitting around?

In case you guys never noticed I kind of really hate the romance genre. A lot. Because all these people romanticize all these awful things and then pretend that they can all be fixed by getting a boyfriend or girlfriend.

Bullshit. Just, bullshit.

I hate that the “dark pasts” suddenly don’t matter when the love interest is introduced.

Love isn’t enough. I don’t care what people say. It’s not always going to be enough. And it’s hard to understand and hard to accept, but love can’t just be everything, okay?

If love was enough, bad things wouldn’t happen.

A nice guy isn’t going to just take away from the way years of abuse make you feel. It’s not going to make you trust people again. It’s not going to make you undepressed or carefree.

It’s not going to just alter the past. Those memories aren’t going to change.

Some things you will never get over. You will never recover from some things, but you can learn to live with them. It’s not about finding someone that will just change your life. It’s about finding someone that will allow you to change your own life on your own terms for your own good.

In truth, I’ve never known someone that was sincerely going through something incredibly difficult that just opened up about all their struggles just because the cute new boy/girl smiled at them.

In fact, they never even say anything. Their secrets get found out because they run out of places to hide.