Bad Boys

You guys are going to judge me so hard for this rant. I can feel it. But hear me out.

Today, we’re talking about: Bad Boys

I think I’m just getting really old, because I’ve yet to come across a “bad boy” on Wattpad that’s actually bad. They aren’t bad. They’re all just little punks that need spankings by their parents.

Riding a motorcycle does not make you a bad boy. I work in a tourist town that has like five “biker weekend”s a year. I’m telling you now, 95% of the bikers that come into the restaurant where I work are nowhere near bad. The other 4% are just kind of major dicks that went to prison once for some glorified charges. (Which leaves 1% that were actually badasses. Yes, I can do math).

Wearing leather doesn’t make you a bad boy. It takes a very, very special man to pull off leather, okay? And since when did caring about fashion make you bad. Honestly, I think it’s because of when I grew up, but when guys spike their hair, I automatically think of twelve year olds that want to be in high school. Again, some guys can pull it off, but when does caring about fashion make you bad?

And I know that this is just because I have an intense personal connection with it, but I refuse to believe that everyone that does drugs or drinks is just simply bad, okay? I just do. Why is that bad? I understand that you shouldn’t do drugs and that they can make you do bad things and such, but I just refuse that they’re all bad, useless people. Lots of them, yes, I’m sure. But I know for a fact that not all of them are.

You wanna know about bad boys? They don’t fit into a certain formula. They are unpredictable and that’s what makes them dangerous.

Honestly, bad boys, to me aren’t some sort of “misunderstood” teenagers. I fucking hate when there are “misunderstood” teenagers. I promise, you aren’t misunderstood. There are billions of people in the world. Get over yourself. You aren’t ever going to be as complicated as you wish you were.

Anyway, mini-rant aside, bad boys aren’t just going to magically stop doing bad things because of some girl.

And why do bad boys always have to be obnoxious jerks? Sometimes people that do bad things are the nicest people you’ll ever meet…they just do bad things!

This is where you start judging me. I have this thing for serial killers and psychopaths. It’s not like I idolize them or worship them or anything, but I’m just fascinated by the way their minds work. I just…I’m really interested in it.

They are what I consider bad boys. Why? Because they have this twisted perspective on the world and yet they seem to justify it while still being able to somewhat function in society.

Take Ted Bundy for example. He killed an upwards of 30 women, but he seemed so normal. People didn’t believe that he could be the serial killer because he was so charming. We expect the villain to be easily spotted, kind of like in fairy tales, right?

But they aren’t. And I think that’s what makes them bad. You want to empathize with them. You want to understand them, but you just can’t.