⑥⓪. Depression

@nocelleshipper has requested for me to write about a more serious topic. This won't be a regular thing but I just wanted to give it a shot as I've dealt with depression before. I'm going to try and only do fluff updates for a while so leave any requests below! 💕 also if you ever need any help or anything I'm always open!

TW - Depression

(Just a little background for people who've never had depression. When you have depression it's not like you feel sad all the time, it's where you feel nothing at all. You even forget to simple things such as eating and showering. You just feel completely alone... Now here we go!)

Type: Sad/Depressing, Ending In Fluff

Prompt: Y/n is struggling with depression. Y/bf, being the great boyfriend he insists on supporting her.

Word count: 809

                                                          ✦•······················•✦•····················•✦

For six days, you hadn't left the house. Your depression had recently worsened, sapping your energy and motivation.
Lying there in the dimly lit room, your phone hummed, briefly casting a faint glow before going dark. This marked the 34th text message you'd received this week. Y/bf and your friends were deeply concerned, but you felt too ashamed to share what was happening.

"Y/n, if you don't answer, I'm coming to your house," read y/bf's text. You simply sat there, lacking the courage or desire to reply.

Ten minutes later, you heard a voice shouting at your front door, followed by insistent pounding.

"Go away," you muttered, burying your face in a pillow.

After a few minutes, the knocking ceased, or so you thought. Suddenly, you heard the front door swing open, followed by hurried footsteps approaching your room.

"Great, the spare key," you mumbled.

"Oh, thank goodness you're alive!" exclaimed y/bf, forcefully opening your door.

"Where have you been?!" he asked , pulling the pillow from your face.

"It doesn't matter," you replied, turning away from him.

"Y/n, of course, it matters. Why have you been so distant? Is it something I did?" he asked, sitting down on the bed next to you.

"I'm not telling you; it's embarrassing," you protested.

"Y/n, I'll never judge you; you know that. Please tell me," y/bf pleaded, his voice quivering.

"Well... my uh, my depression's been getting worse," you admitted, feeling incredibly ashamed.

"Oh, y/n, why didn't you just tell me? I could've been here to support you."

"Well, I just uh... feel like a burden," you acknowledged.

"Y/n, you'll never be a burden to me. I love and care about you, I'd do anything for you," he assured.

"You have so many friends, family, and people who love you, who want to help you, who want the best for you."

"Oh, y/bf, you're the best," you wept, wrapping your arms around him.

"Anything for you. Now let's get you washed and dressed, then we can go for a little walk," he declared, lifting you from your blanket cocoon.

Y/bf set you on the bathroom counter as he prepared the bath, ensuring the water was just the right temperature and adding some bubbles.
As you reclined in the tub, you let your muscles relax. Y/bf gently washed your hair, being extra careful.

"Man, I don't know how people with long hair do it do it; my arms are already tired!" he remarked, massaging the suds into your hair.

"It's pretty hard," you admitted.

"I'd say!" y/bf exclaimed, causing you to laugh.

After washing and conditioning your hair, y/bf wrapped you in a towel and carried you back to your bed.

"Okay, arms up," he instructed, pulling a shirt over your head.

"I could get dressed myself, you know," you snickered.

"Yeah, but you need to save that energy for our walk, and I just love to help you," he explained, kissing your nose.

The two of you strolled hand in hand down the sidewalk, the fresh air filling your lungs. It felt good to feel the warm sun on your skin, the cool breeze in your hair, and the soft grass beneath your toes.

"Are you doing okay?" y/bf asked, holding your hand.

"Yeah," you softly smiled, taking in the beautiful scenery around you.

You had forgotten how beautiful the world was and the beauty of life itself.

"Thank you; I needed this," you said, pulling y/bf into a hug.

"Anything for you. And remember, I love you and will always help you. Every positive action you take is a massive win."

Hope that wasn't too bad! I know depression isn't cured with one walk but I couldn't keep the story going forever! If you guys ever need someone to talk to remember I'm always open 24/7 and so is my friend @80sand90senthusiast! Also leave some fluff prompts below! Love you all so much!!! 💕