⑤⑥. Flicker

So seeing as a lot of people liked the "please, open up." chapter I decided to write another breakup / make up! This chapter is based on the song Flicker by Niall Horan (10/10 would recommend) specifically this part:

I'm afraid that what we have is gone,
then I think of the start,
and it echos a spark,
and I remember the magic electricity,
Then I look in my heart
There's a light in the dark
Still a flicker of hope that you first gave to me
That I want to keep
Please don't leave.
Hope you enjoy and leave any requests below! Have a fabulous day! 💕

Type: Angst ending in fluff

Prompt: After a horrible fight y/n can't wonder if everything y/bf and her have is gone. But then she thinks of the beginning ...

✦•······················•✦•····················•✦

You couldn't believe it; you and y/bf had another fight. The two of you seemed to be arguing over everything this week, from leaving shoes in front of the door to deciding what to have for dinner.
Laying there in your bed, tears streaming down your face, you couldn't help but think, "Maybe what we have is gone. Maybe we'd be better off without each other." The negative thoughts kept clouding up your mind, making you question why you were even together in the first place. Through all the dark and negative thoughts came a flicker of hope, a small but powerful thought.

You thought of the start, the way he looked at you when you first met. The electric chemistry you felt when you first laid eyes on him came rushing back, filling your stomach with warmth.
That feeling triggered another memory, your first kiss. The butterflies you felt when your lips first touched his.
The thoughts kept coming, filling your stomach with butterflies and reigniting the fire you carried for him. Maybe you were meant to be together; you couldn't just throw away all those amazing memories.
After some consideration, you decided to call him.

"Hello?" Y/bf answered, his voice sounding a bit hoarse from assumed crying.

"Y/bf, I'm so sorry. When I was laying in my bed, I thought of the first time I met you, the butterflies that filled my stomach. Then I thought of the first time we kissed, and all of the other amazing memories we have. It helped me realize I love you, and I can't leave you... please don't leave," you said, your eyes welling up with tears.

"Y/n, I was thinking the same thing... I can't lose you, I love you too much. I would never leave you," he sniffed, his voice shaky.

Both of you were silent for a moment, lost in your own feelings until y/bf spoke again.

"Uhm, c-could I come over?" he stuttered.

"Absolutely."

About 10 minutes following the call, you heard a small but noticeable knock at the door. As soon as you opened it, you were greeted by y/bf, pulling you into a bear hug.
The two of you said nothing, just slightly swaying as you held onto each other.

"Y/n, I'm so sorry," he whispered, a single tear rolling down his cheek.

"I'm sorry too," you smiled, wiping the tear from his face.

You led him up to your room where the two of you laid down, holding each other close.

I hope you enjoy! Leave any requests below! I love you all! 💕😘