①①⑨. Space

Requested by @_Lokiness_19!

This is a breakup/make up.

Also know this request includes mentions of cutting, so if that triggers you don't read this part :).
Hope you like it!

Type: Angst, Sad, Fluff at the end (TRIGGER WARNING)

Prompt: Y/n decides her and y/bf need a break. But when visiting y/bf months later she gets an awful surprise

Word Count: 714

✦•·························•✦•···························•✦

"Y/bf, I think we should just get some space," you choked, observing y/bf's face drop.

"W-what are you saying?" he trembled.

"I just need a little space; this isn't goodbye. I'm sorry,"

Recently, you had been feeling the need for some space between you and y/bf. You admired him so much, but you desired personal growth and new experiences.

"Y/n, p-lease no," y/bf stuttered, tears falling from his eyes.

"I'm so sorry, y/bf, but it's for the best," you whimpered, closing the door.

A few months later...

It had been four months since you last talked to y/bf, ignoring all his calls and texts. He texted you at least once a week, expressing how much he missed you. You understood this was for the best, but a small voice in your head was advising you otherwise – you missed him too.
As you went about your day, you suddenly received a text from y/bf's mom.

"Dearest y/n, I understand that you and y/bf are currently taking a break, but can you please call him? I know sometimes it's best to take a break, but he is miserable without you; he needs to hear from you."

Your heart dropped as you read the text, regretting everything you had done. You didn't mean to cause him any pain, and you had to admit that you felt the same way. You immediately dialed y/bf's mom in tears, explaining how you never intended to hurt him. She forgave you and invited you to see y/bf.
You arrived to find y/bf's mom already at the door, arms wide to hug you. After the embrace, she led you up to y/bf's room and motioned for you to go in. As you opened the door, you saw the room was dark, messy, and so cold. There was y/bf, lying face down on his bed.

"He's been like this since you left," she revealed, gently hugging you before letting you into the room before closing the door.

"Who's there?" y/bf asked, sitting up to look at the door. His eyes were puffy and red, tears staining his cheeks.

"Y/n? What are you doing here?"

Without saying anything, you ran and embraced him, holding him tightly.

"I'm sorry! I thought we needed space, but I was wrong. I need you! I'm sorry I caused you so much pain. I'm an idiot," you cried, feeling his arms wrap around you.

"Shhh, you're not an idiot. I forgive you," he cooed, rubbing your back as you cried into his sweatshirt.

After crying for a few minutes, you eventually managed to stop, now soothed as he held you close.

"Hey, y/bf, why are you wearing a sweatshirt in summer?" you questioned him, breaking the hug.

"Oh uh, it's cold in here," he quickly replied, pulling his sleeves down even further.

"I mean, kinda, but not that cold. Are you okay?" you asked with concern.

"I'm fine."

Swiftly, you grasped his arm and pulled back the sleeve, revealing a few small cuts.

"Y/bf," you gasped, covering your mouth.

"It's nothing, don't worry about it," he grumbled, quickly pulling his sleeve down.

"No, I caused you to do this; I'm a monster," you wailed, falling to the floor.

"Y/n, it's not your fault; please don't cry," he choked, tears welling up in his own eyes.

He scooped you up into his arms, sitting you on his lap as he kissed your head.

"I'm so sorry," you choked out between tears.

"It's okay, I have you back now, and that's all that matters."

"I promise I'll never leave you ever again."

"Good, I can't stand to lose you again," he beamed, showering you with kisses.

It was that exact moment that made you realize you were meant for each other.

Hope that was enjoyable! 💕