②. Dancing in the dark

Type: Fluff

Prompt: Y/n is stressed beyond belief and, as a result, can't sleep. Y/bf notices this and then helps her to sleep.

Word Count: 368

✦•····················•✦•··················•✦

The moon's pale glow cast delicate beams through the open curtains, creating a graceful dance of light across the room where your boyfriend, y/bf, lay asleep by your side. He'd been lost in slumber for hours, while you wrestled with a nagging restlessness. You couldn't seem to find the urge to fall asleep, as the stressful memories of the past continued to replay in your mind. The torturous ordeal of finals week had finally come to an end, but now you were anxiously awaiting your scores. The tests were done, but the most agonizing part had begun—the dreaded waiting game.

With a heavy sigh, you sat up, gently pushing y/bf's arm off you before quietly making your way to the kitchen. The soft glow of the oven's digital clock revealed the late hour: 3:25 a.m. Letting out another sigh, you gulped down the last of the water in your cup before starting your journey back upstairs. Lost in your thoughts, you didn't notice y/bf standing in the hallway.

"Y/n? What are you doing?" his voice emerged groggily.

"Ah!! Gosh, you scared me! I was getting some water," you jumped, your hand instinctively clutching your racing heart.

"This late?"

"Well, I was up anyway, you know, just stressing about my scores," you admitted. He let out a soft chuckle before pulling you into a warm bear hug.

"Y/n... You'll do fine. You studied for hours, heck, maybe even days!" he exclaimed reassuringly. You couldn't help but smile.

"Yeah, I know, I know. It's just been all I can think about recently."

Silence enveloped both of you before he spoke up again.

"Here, I have an idea, come here," he said, his eyes sparkling with a plan. He took your hand and led you into the living room.

Placing his phone on the couch, the soft strains of your favorite slow song began to fill the room. Swiftly, he placed one hand on your waist and the other in your hand. Gently, you both swayed to the beat of the song. It was like a scene from a movie—gentle swaying as you rested your head on his shoulder, punctuated by an occasional spin or two. Most importantly, you enjoyed each other's company. As you danced, your worries began to fade away, and you found yourself lost in the moment, Dancing In The Dark.