㉘. Valentines Day (Crush)

Type: Fluff

Prompt: Y/n has always hated Valentine's Day. But this year that might change all thanks to y/c

Word Count: 823

✦•·····················•✦•···············•✦

Today was the day you absolutely despised, Valentine's Day. Sure, it could be enjoyable if you had a boyfriend to celebrate with, but unfortunately, you didn't. Every year, all the popular girls at your school would receive various gifts from secret admirers, leaving you feeling left out.

"Valentine's Day is seriously overrated," you sighed, strolling to school with your friend.

"Tell me about it. All the boys are just captivated by those popular girls," your friend groaned, rolling her eyes.

"True. But as they get older, they'll realize how shallow those girls are," you explained, prompting a chuckle from your friend.

"Hopefully."

As you both walked in silence for a few minutes, your friend suddenly spoke up.

"Oh my, look who already received something," she teased, holding her phone in front of your face.

On the screen was the most popular girl in school, holding a teddy bear and roses. You scoffed, trying to hide your jealousy.
The moment you stepped into the school, you couldn't help but notice all the popular girls gathered in their usual spot, surrounded by an array of gifts.

"Wow, already?" Your friend sarcastically remarked, opening up her locker.

You glanced over at y/c, who was talking with his friends. You'd had a crush on him since the 2nd grade, but you didn't believe he felt the same way.

"Do you think y/c gave anyone a gift?"

"Highly doubt it. He's not into those kinds of girls," your friend clarified, slamming her locker shut.

Shortly, the bell rang, signaling that it was time to head to class.

...

"Alright, class, we will be having an announcement today, so everyone please pay attention," your math teacher announced, pointing to the speaker on the wall.

As if on cue, the principal's voice came through the speaker.

"Good morning, students! I hope you're all having a great Valentine's Day!" He shouted before continuing. "I just wanted to let everyone know that our delivery person will drop off the secret valentines during the fourth period. Have a wonderful day!" he declared, closing the announcements.

You looked over at your friend and rolled your eyes. She mouthed the words, "So stupid."
The school had a rather silly tradition where you could purchase or drop off your valentines in the office, and they would be delivered to you by the infamous delivery person.

Finally, fourth period arrived. After everyone had taken their seats, the delivery person wheeled in a cart loaded with gifts. Among the gifts was a giant teddy bear holding roses and chocolates.

"Wow, someone's boyfriend must really love them," your friend whispered, nudging your arm. You nodded, trying to hide your envy.

The delivery person weaved the cart between the desks, delivering all the gifts. Unsurprisingly, all the popular girls received something. He reached your desk, and the teacher approached the cart.

"Wow! Who's this one for?" your teacher asked, trying to lift the massive bear. She checked the tag on its ear.

"Y/n! This one's for you," she announced, placing the gigantic stuffed animal next to you.

"For me?" You stammered, looking at the tag. A small red envelope was attached to the bear, and as you opened it, you read,

"Dear y/n, I've liked you for as long as I can remember. So please, would you be my valentine? Love, y/c. PS: Meet me outside after school :)."

You were utterly bewildered but thrilled.

"He actually likes me," you whispered, blushing deeply.

"I'd say! This is so awesome, y/n!" Your friend cheered, giving you a quick hug.

Soon, the delivery person left, and the teacher resumed the lesson. Time dragged on as you couldn't stop thinking about meeting y/c after school.

"Earth to y/n!" Your friend called out, snapping you out of your trance.

"What?" You asked, looking around at the nearly empty classroom.

"The bell rang. Come on, you've got to meet y/c," she urged, pulling you out of your seat.

The two of you walked to the front of the school to find y/c patiently waiting for you.

"Go get 'em," your friend whispered, giving you a gentle nudge.

"Hey, y/n," y/c greeted, blushing and rubbing the back of his neck.

"Hey! Thanks so much for the gift!" you exclaimed, holding up the massive teddy bear.

"Glad you like it," he smiled before continuing.

"So, uh, y/n, I know the card said this, but, um, would you like to be my... valentine?" he stammered, trying his best to maintain eye contact.

"I'd love to."

Hope you enjoy!! I know it may sound a little immature but I want to cater to every age group I have reading!

Leave any requests below or message me! I love you all! 💕