⑨⓪. Power Outage

Hope you all enjoy!! xx

Type: Fluff

Prompt: After the power goes out y/bf comes over to 'comfort' y/n.

Word Count: 523

                                                      ✦•······················•✦•····················•✦

On a wet and rainy Saturday night, the perfect weather for a late-night movie, you decided to set the mood. You prepared a big bowl of popcorn and settled onto the couch, wrapping yourself in fluffy blankets. As you hit play, you leaned your head back on the pillow, letting all the stress and tension of the day melt away.
However, just 20 minutes into the movie, the screen went black, and all the lights in the house followed suit. You sat up and trudged over to the light switches, attempting to flick them back on, but no luck. Just then, your phone rang, and it was y/bf.

"Hello?" you answered.

"Hey y/n! Is the power out at your house?" he asked.

"Yeah. And my parents are out of town this weekend," you replied with a laugh, not at all phased by the situation.

"Me too. In that case, I should come over so you don't get, uh, scared," he explained, nervously laughing. You knew very well that he detested being alone in the dark, so he was undoubtedly the one who was afraid, not you.

"Sure, sounds good."

"Okay, I'll be over in 10! Love you!"

"Drive safe, love you," you smiled and hung up the phone.

Just as expected, he arrived 10 minutes later, clutching his blanket and pillow in hand.

"I have plenty of blankets, you know," you said, accompanying him to your room.

"Yeah, I know, it's just I like this blanket."

Laughing to yourself, you sat down on your bed, and he felt safer with the blanket. Y/bf came and laid next to you, nearly sitting in your lap.

"You okay?" you asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Is it okay if we just head to sleep?" he suggested, holding his blanket close to his face.

"Sure," you agreed, making sure to take on a calming tone.

As you both lay down, he immediately cuddled up to your side, burying his face in your neck. You softly ran your hands through his hair and hummed a soothing song. You could feel his body relax as he brought his mouth into a small grin.

"Y/n, can I tell you something?" he asked, his voice muffled as he rested his face in the crook of your neck.

"Of course."

"Well, when I said I'd come over, I was actually scared... I hate the dark," he grumbled, blushing.

"Oh, y/bf, I know. It's okay to tell me that kind of stuff so I can help you," you smiled, kissing his forehead.

"How did you know?"

"I have my ways," you winked.

"Thank you, y/n, you're the best girlfriend a guy could ever have," he thanked, placing soft kisses all over your neck.

"You're the best boyfriend ever. And remember, if you're ever scared, don't be afraid to tell me," you smiled, slowly letting your eyes shut.

Hope that was ok! Love you all and I hope you have a great day/night!