①⓪①. Years Later

Requested by @yep-anxiety hope it's ok!
Hope you all enjoy! 💞

Type: Fluff

Prompt: After y/ns crush moves away from y/n they soon reunite in the future

✦•····················•✦•··················•✦

"I'll miss you so much," Y/c choked, hugging you tightly.

"I'll miss you even more," you whimpered, trying to hold back tears.

Today marked the day when your best friend and crush, Y/c, was moving away after 10 years of being your neighbor.

"Promise you won't forget me," he pleaded, his head tucked in the crook of your neck as he tried not to cry.

"I promise. How could I ever forget you?" you smiled, resting your head against his.

After hugging for what seemed like hours, you finally had to let go, waving as he got into the moving truck. You watched the truck drive down the street until it was out of sight.

Running home, tears welled up in your eyes, dropping down your cheeks as you hurried to your room. Slamming the door, you fell on your bed, a strange object tucked beneath your pillow. Moving your pillow, you discovered a red bag. You opened the bag to reveal a photo album, complete with a handwritten note.

"I had your mom put this in your room while you were saying goodbye to me. I wanted to leave you a little gift to remind you of all the amazing memories we've shared over these 10 years. I'll miss you so much. Love, Y/c."

The note alone was enough to make you weep, but as you opened the album, your tears fell even harder. He had assembled every picture you had together, organizing them chronologically.
The first picture was of the first time you met, playing in the sandbox together at a local park. Memories rushed back as you continued flipping through the pages – sleeping over in Y/c's backyard, going on vacation together, volunteering at the animal shelter. All those amazing memories were now compiled into one photo album.
Fast forward a few years.
It had been years since you last talked to Y/c, but you never stopped thinking about him. Today, your friend had somehow convinced you to go shopping in the middle of December at an outdoor mall.

"Let's go into this store!" Y/f exclaimed, pulling you inside.

The two of you shopped around, buying a few items before heading back out into the cold weather.

"Did you see that adorable sweater I got?" Y/f asked as you walked down the path to the next store.

"I did. It's very cu-" you were cut off by someone bumping your shoulder.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" The boy apologized, turning to face you.

Looking into his eyes, you immediately knew it was Y/c, still as handsome as ever.

"Y/n? Is that you?" He asked, his eyes widening.

"Yeah, it's me! Is that really you, Y/c?" You gasped, slightly blushing.

He nodded before continuing, "You look beautiful."

"Oh, thank you! You look very handsome."

"Wait... Y/n, is this the Y/c you've been telling me about?!" Y/f exclaimed, breaking the silence.

Internally, you freaked out, silently cursing her.

"That's me," Y/c smiled, holding out his hand.

Y/f quickly shook his hand before speaking again, "I swear you're the only guy I've heard about for the past three years!"

"Oh, well, my friends would say the same if they were here," he admitted, shyly glancing at you.

Y/f was about to talk, but you couldn't risk her saying anything else and embarrassing you.

"So what are you doing here?" You asked, cutting Y/f off.

"Just doing some last-minute Christmas shopping, and you?"

"Y/f and I were just doing some shopping," you smiled, nudging your friend's shoulder.

"Oh, fun! I-if you don't mind me asking, could I, uh, get your number?" He asked, pulling out his phone.

"Of course!" You agreed, grabbing your phone from your bag.

Following the exchange of numbers and saying goodbye, you both went in separate directions. Not even 5 minutes had passed before you got a text.

"I know we just reunited and all, but I was wondering if you'd like to grab some coffee tomorrow? Then we could catch up. :)"

"I'd love to! :D" you texted back, feeling your heart melt.

Little did you know that this would mark the start of an amazing relationship.

Hope that was alright! Let me know what type of story you guys would like to see next (Fluff, Angst, Sad etc.) love you all and have a great day/night! 💕