⑨③. Reading Date

Type: Fluff

Prompt: One cold December night y/n and y/bf go out for a reading date

Word Count: 523

                                                         ✦•······················•✦•····················•✦

It was a chilly December night, with the gentle fall of snowflakes accompanying you and your boyfriend, y/bf, as you walked hand in hand into the bookstore.
The two of you shared a heartwarming tradition during the winter months. It involved driving to the bookstore, selecting a book for each other, and making sure to grab a hot beverage before heading home.

"Before we pick out books for each other, what genre are you in the mood for?" y/bf asked, gallantly holding the door for you.

"I'm feeling like some fantasy today, what about you?"

"An adventure would be perfect."

"Great! Let's start browsing!" you declared, heading to the nearest shelf.

You scanned shelf after shelf until you found it – the perfect adventure book. The cover featured a daring spy suspended on a rope from a towering building.

"Perfect," you whispered, bringing the book over to y/bf. As you approached him, you noticed he had a book in his hand, the cover concealed against his chest.

"Are you ready to go?"

"Absolutely."

With your newly acquired books in hand, you both made your way to the nearest coffee shop, where you ordered steaming hot beverages.

"Can I see the book yet?" you asked, eyeing the brown bag.

"Not until we get home!"

"Okay, fine," you sighed, crossing your arms.

After getting your drinks, you headed out to the car and drove back home. Upon arrival, you changed into comfy clothes and settled into the living room, each of you with your respective books and drinks in hand.

"Okay, here's your book," y/bf said, handing you the book he had selected. The cover depicted a princess riding a horse through a dark forest, promising an exciting read.

"Thank you, y/bf. It looks amazing!" you say, giving him a quick hug.

"Now, yours."

He grinned as he looked at the cover, then read the summary on the back.

"Thanks! It looks cool!" he exclaimed, wrapping his arms around you.

"Now, let's get reading!"

You sat down on the couch, and y/bf suddenly pulled you into his lap, resting his head on your shoulder as he began to read his new book. You couldn't help but smile; how did you get so lucky? Several hours passed before both of you had finished your books.

"That was amazing!" y/bf exclaimed, his arms still around your waist.

"Mine was beautiful," you sigh, reminiscing about the wonderful story.

"I love this tradition," y/bf said, pulling you further onto his lap as he reclined on the couch.

"Me too," you smiled, planting kisses along his jawline.

"I can't wait until we have our own family, and then we can do this with our kids," he whispered, running his hands through your hair.

Your smile broadened at the thought of having your own family with him.

"I look forward to it," you admitted, nuzzling into his neck.

"As do I."

Hope you enjoyed! Let me know what else you'd like to see! 💕💕