⑤⑤. Insecure

This was requested by @holllyhocks! I've been waiting a while for someone to request this. Hope it's not too bad!

Type: Fluff

Prompt: After y/n reconnects with one of her old school friends y/bf can't help but begin to feel insecure.

Word Count: 665

R/b: random boy name

✦•······················•✦•····················•✦

Tonight was an amazing night. You were currently at a party with your boyfriend, y/bf, and just as fate would have it, your old best friend, r/b, was there!

"I can't believe we finally meet again after 3 years!" You exclaimed, talking over the loud music.

"I know! I'm so happy to see you again!" R/b smiled.

The two of you spent the entire evening making up for lost time, recalling all your old inside jokes, and laughing until you couldn't breathe. Y/bf quietly followed the two of you around all night, seldomly joining in the conversation. Once the party came to a close, it was time for r/b to take off. The two of you exchanged numbers before heading off in your separate directions.

"That was such a fun party!!" You exclaimed, walking out to the car beside y/bf.

"Yep," he muttered, opening the car door for you and then getting in himself.

As you started the drive home, you realized y/bf was being really quiet. Had you hurt his feelings? Was it something you had said or done?

"Y/bf, did I hurt your feelings?" You sensitively asked, putting your hand on his leg.

"No," he breathed, turning his attention back to the road.

He appeared to be having fun at the party, so what was wrong? He pulled into the driveway, silently getting out of the car before walking into the house. Walking into the house, you saw y/bf's shoes and coat on the floor but no sign of him.

"Y/bf. Where are you?" You beckoned, stepping up the stairs.

Approaching the top of the stairs, you heard what sounded like sniffling coming from your room. Walking in, you found y/bf laying on your bed, teardrops falling from his eyes.

"Oh y/bf, what's wrong?!" You begged, resting down beside him on the bed.

"Nothing, why don't you go hang out with r/b," he snuffed, aiming his back at you.

"R/b? Why would I go with him?" You challenged, laying a hand on his shoulder.

"You two seemed to be having a great time without me. So why don't you just leave me and go be with him," he growled, pushing your hand away.

"We were only just catching up! We hadn't seen each other in years!" You spoke, trying to justify yourself.

"Well, I can't even compare to that guy. He made you laugh more in one night than I think I ever have, and he's way better looking than me," y/bf lamented, pulling a pillow over his face.

"Oh y/bf... Why would you ever think that? R/b was nice, but he can't even compare to you! You're nicer, funnier, smarter, and let's not forget way more handsome!" You yelled, earning a slight smile from y/bf.

"Then why did you ignore me all night?" He asked, slightly turning his head towards you.

"I didn't realize I was ignoring you; I'm truly sorry," you sighed, feeling the tears well up in your eyes.

"No y/n, it's not your fault. I just felt so insecure when you gave him more attention than me; it made me feel worthless. And just the thought of losing you is... t-too much," he stifled, tears emanating from his eyes.

"Y/bf, I would never leave you! You're the best thing that ever happened to me," you exclaimed, wrapping your arms around him.

"You're the best thing in my life," he grinned, snaking his arms around your lower back.

The two of you spent the rest of the night cuddling and talking about what you love about each other.