Chapter 29

Manya entered the famous multi cuisine restaurant in Sydney, with a group of her friends. The group kept laughing and fooling around. Though, physically present she was mentally somewhere else. She felt hurt, that it took a week for her parents to inform her about her brother being alive. She wanted to go back then, but they refused asking her to concentrate on her course. Irritated she brutally stabbed the salad ordered by her friend. He understood her sullen mood and tried consoling her wrapping an arm around her waist. Manya removed it, she hated when he tried getting intimate with her. Lately, she had started hating everything around her. She wanted to go back, to her family.

Ankush thanked a family which insisted on meeting the chef who made the meal for them. He turned to leave when his eyes fell on a young girl pushing a guy away from her. She warned him and then started puncturing the salad with her fork. She looked home sick, she looked Asian. Passing by the table , he studied her profile and found a small Om pendent around her neck. He smiled and walked back to the kitchen. He quickly fixed a snack and asked one of the server to deliver to the table.

Manya blinked in surprise , the server handed her a note. She opened it and it made her smile, 'Don't know the reason for your sadness, but this might just make you smile' Manya looked at the burger decorated with two green chillies. Smiling she took a bite and next moment she was taken back to the street food of Mumbai, vada pav. A big smile cover her lips. he finished the whole thing without giving a break. She asked for the chef, she wanted to thank him. The server asked her to wait, but before Ankush could meet her. Manya's friends dragged her away. She turned around and gave one look to the restaurant building, smiling she left.

***

Sam chewed her nails, it had been a week since Radhika shifted to Neil's house. They had been going around together for concerts, dinners and all kinds of fun activities. They were even spending maximum time in office together. She wanted to o back so that Radhika could shift, but looking at Jai's condition.Her mind couldn't let go the images of Neil-Radhika on a previous day in office. Sam had walked in late and had decided to work after sharing a cup of coffee with Neil. She couldn't find him anywhere and made her way to terrace. Her legs froze at on the last step hearing the joy filled laughter, she peeped to find Radhika sitting on the railing and Neil pretending to throw her off. They were having a mock scuffle, in process their fingers were interlaced together. Sam knew Radhika wasn't the kind to throw her at guys, but her vibes attracted attention like magnet. Sam envied her best friend. She felt an emptiness creeping with Neil throwing all attention at Radhika. Her mind knew that she could never have the kind of bond with Arjun. But she reasoned, she isn't supposed to. He was going to be her husband , both were different , a husband could never be a friend.

''Sam, I am taking Jai to the doctor. Take care of BS today.'' Piyali informed. Sam nodded and softly smiled at her brother, who read the lines of worry on his sister's face. Jai stared at Sam for few more minutes before being wheeled out by his mother.

Sam grabbed her bag and helmet leaving for BS. It was Friday, people were already in the mood of weekend. Sam smiled walking past the excited employees waiting for day to end. She greeted Radhika with a hug, she was walking away just then Radhika called her out, ''Sam Arjun Sir was looking for you.'' Sam smiled and with a nod, changed her direction to Arjun's room.

"It has been weeks since we last had fun, I miss you Arjun.'' Bonnie purred leaning closer to Arjun's seated form.

''What have you done to trap Neil? Nothing, give me results and you will see a lot of me and soon'' He replied without looking at her. Bonnie walked closer, she brushed her hand along the length of his muscular arm, ''How am I benefitted in trapping Neil?''