Why I stopped writing

Author's note-

I never meant for the epilogue to be this late. Apart from whatever problems were going on in my life amidst the horrific first year I've had of college to be very honest I NEVER got the motivation to come back and write it. I had a couple paras ready after I posted the last chapter but after the book ended I was flooded with comments on how "lame" the ending was. It completely threw me off and my epilogue.

What was I supposed to write as my final words for this book when a lot of you guys didn't even think the near end was working out. Trust me its a lot of pressure. To figure out how your book is supposed to end. How this thing that you've invested so much time and effort in ends and for at least 2 weeks I went through a series of drafts and I just wasn't sure if they were good enough.

I am that author that ALWAYS reads comments. Some of you came out to say "maybe the epilogue will solve the problem." I'm grateful that you believed in me. But then I got some nasty pms asking me "if I've been run over or dead that I've forgotten this book" that I should "come back from hell to finish it" I replied to each and every one of you guys as nicely as I could just to tell you it wasn't cool. I'm not bound by your time limits, you aren't my boss.

I left writing, thinking maybe I didn't have the perfect ending for Holly and Adam maybe I just didn't have the words to express their happily ever after. Trust me I'm not an idgaf person I'm the sort of person who takes the smallest stares and whispers as if something is wrong with me you can say I'm like Holly that way and with college crumbling down I didn't think I had it in me to write tbh I lost confidence in my own work. I read my book and came across so many things that I didn't like or I didn't want. So I just deleted the app and that was the end for this book.

At least that's what I thought. A couple of days ago, going through my email I saw comments on my book. All those positive comments that I saw from people reading the initial chapters of my book made me think that they are in this journey in which they won't reach a destination. It will all be replaced by disappointment when they find no ending no epilogue. Their journey would be incomplete.

I came across this one comment from a user I wont mention, thank you for bringing this book back to life. Your comment made me realize that I was being a coward cause for me this is ALWAYS how I wanted to end this book. And this is how it will end. I don't know how you guys feel about the epilogue but this is just the one I wanted and I feel it did justice to Adam and Holly's story. If only I had realized this before. You need to have confidence in yourself for people to have confidence in you. I'm not being preachy.

To all those who supported this crazy journey and to anyone reading this, thank you. You have in a way affected me and my life we may not know that yet.  I'll be posting some updates character Qs &As like I always wanted to do if anyone's interested. Also just so you know I'm re-editing this entire book trying to incorporate things I would like and maybe edit out some things. Thanks for all the feedback that I got on this book positive or negative, to all those who voted and commented and wrote on my wall thank you! You can shoot up questions here now. Any doubts or clarifications? Comment down below. So for the last time (atleast for this book)

Thanks for reading
Much love
Ananya