Baby I'm preying on you tonight

Photo - Luke Hemmings 💓

Content advisory- Mature language.

Adam's POV

Suddenly I felt a sharp stinging sensation on my face. Holly stood there, her eyes glaring at me. She had slapped me. I stood there dumbfounded, at a loss for words. My breathing accelerated as I tried to keep my cool. Who the hell did she think she was? And how dare she do that?

I was surrounded by deafening silence as I stood there with the entire crowd staring at me. Some looked shocked, some were enjoying it, some just looked at me with pity. Evans and Kevin stood there in utter shock and disbelief behind me. But my eyes were stuck on the girl who just dared to slap me. 

In that moment I was certain about one thing and one thing only.  She was going to pay for this. She was really going to pay for this.

I grabbed onto her hand as she tried to walk away from me. Her expression changed as she made eye contact with me. 

"You're hurting me Adam" she said. 

But I was unfazed. In that moment I felt nothing. Nothing but only mad rage. I continued to hold on to her wrist. My eyes stayed on her face for her reaction. She was in pain, she looked scared. I needed to see her like that. She needed to feel an ounce of the public humiliation that I had just gone through. Yet I was not enjoying it. 

And just like that, I repeated the same mistake that I had done a week ago. I let her go.

 She practically stumbled upon things and ran away from me.

"No Holly you have hurt me and I assure you the consequences are not going to be pretty." 

As I saw her leave the stage, I realized once again all eyes were on me. I tried to play it cool, but I was shaking with fury.  She had done the one thing that I couldn't tolerate, she had hurt my ego and damn she hurt it bad. I ran my hands through my hair. For the first time in my life, I felt humiliated, insulted in front of so many people. Oh, the things I would do to you Holly. 

I picked up my guitar's cover, put in my guitar and zipped it up, slinging it across my shoulder. I made my way down the stage as the crowd immediately parted to make way. I tried to avoid all the stares. I could hear Kevin and Evans hurriedly packing their stuff.

"Adam.." Evans voice trailed. I didn't look back. My friends came running behind me but they didn't say a word. They knew me too well. When I was upset then talking to me is like putting your hand in a lion's den, I would just lose my cool at them and it was the last thing I wanted.  Heck, it would be the last thing that they'd want. 

We left school and got on to our bikes. As I drove off, I felt my entire body tense up in anger. I closed my eyes trying to cool down but in vain because I could see her face flashing in my mind. The entire ride was a torture. When we reached my place, I threw my bike down on the ground pacing towards my house. 

I was just not used to holding back my anger like this. No one had dared to even lay a finger on me before, but she had slapped me. If it was anyone else they would have been half feet under the ground. 

But Adam Smith did not lay his hands on women. At least not in this way. 

"Adam are you alright?" Kevin asked nervously. 

"I sure am, but soon she would not be."

***

"Pass me the beer, Kevin."

"Man that's your fifth can, control it, its broad daylight."

"I am very well in my senses Kevin. Would you please do me a favor and pass me the fucking can?" I snapped.